hf1

what's your favorite fitted/shaped nappy and why?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm

i would love to have twins! none in my family tho, or DH's!
everyone thinks i'm mad, and i'm sure its truely knackering, and i would have no idea what i would be letting myself infor, but i just love the idea!
(i like less the idea of a maternity nurse for the first 6 months to be taken over my a nanny that i'm sure i'd need if i actually ever had twins!!!)
two little matching girls would be just lovely! then my family would be complete and i promise i'd stop! tho i'm sure once you've had twins, 1 baby sounds like a breeze!!!
Shevi

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:54 am

The thought of twins or triplets just scares me :shock: . I have enough trouble keeping up with one, let alone two plus a toddler. Oh my goodness I couldn't even imagine it. Fingers crossed someone else in my family is more blessed than I :lol: . Cat you must be a super mum to have five and your lovely cloth buisness! Can't wait for my swaddlebees ov in the mail after all these great posts...!

Sam...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:06 am

I had to order one last night :roll: :twisted: and dh asked what I'd ordered and I told him and he wasn't very impressed with the price. :evil: He wanted to know what was so good about it and I told him thats wh I was getting one to find out!!! Anyway got a bit of a lecture about buying really expensive nappies, seems to be happy for me to spend £9 ish!!!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:14 am

Before I had Charlotte I had all these romantic ideas about having twins but now I realise how difficult it would be. Although I know people who have twins say they cope because they have to and I guess you do just get on with it.

I would dearly love another (in fact I think I would like a couple more) but the timing isn't right at the moment so we will wait a little longer.

I too can't believe how Cat copes with 5 and a business but you do seem to enjoy it?

Anyway back to the point of the OP. The Swaddlebees OV is worth the extra money. it is gorgeous. You won't regret it Tory.

Annette

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:10 am

Can I just say that I bet you spent less than me on the swaddlebees ov tory so you can let your dh know! Everything is way more expensive over here in oz :cry: ...

Sam....

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Motherease works well for my boys!

Postby sjb2711 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:21 pm

It's amazing how many different makes of nappies there are out there! Can't say I've heard of Swaddlebees!

Anyway I've found Motherease nappies and airflow wraps to be really good. They are secure, very important as your baby gets older - I imagine velcro fastenings would be a nightmare!!

Also because extra layers can be added to the nappy such as a snap in booster or as separate (for night-time) layer, the drying time is reduced compared with say tots-bots.

The other most important advantage with this system (compared with pocket nappies) is the separate outer wrap. It really helps to prevent explosive poos from reaching outer clothing!

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:34 pm

My Blueberry Fitteds - LOVE them so much! Have just ordered another 4 to add to my 2, got one pre-loved and might order another 4 before they sell out! Ultra-trim, really absorbent, even without the snap-in booster, and they're just a great fit on Ruby.

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies