hf1

My disappointment............

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

My disappointment............

Postby clairelana » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:50 am

I'm so disapointed with the HL's i bought.
I prefered the day one to the bedbugs. I'm finding it hard to know why.

The material wasn't as soft and squishy after one use. They look great just didn't feel as good once they had been washed. (I think the material on the flutterby fluff nappies has spoiled me, soft, squishy, yummy, fluffy, gorgeous looking, even drying on the radiators!)

The HL's just didn't live up to my expectations. I thought spending £25 on a nappy or 3 would make them he yummiest nappys ever and they just wern't. I was thinking of stocking them in the shop but i'm not sure anymore. I know many people like them and get on with them really well.

THey worked great absorbancy wise i had no problems. I think with the bedbugs having microfiber in them that put me off a bit. I don't really use it after a few wicking pocket experiences with it.

Whats wrong with me.......lol (your fault Hanna...... :hohoho: I supose thats a good thing though)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: My disappointment............

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:39 am

Aww, never mind. Sell them on and buy some more FF to replace them. :D I love all my BV nappies although they do go hard eventually as our water is really hard here. :cry: :cry: BTW you should never dry BV nappies on the radiators, it shrinks the fibres and is bad for the nappies, tumble drying isn't great for BV either although some people do it.

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:53 am

My HL are still very soft but gone very bobbly after only a few washes. Ive never tried a bedbug, even tho i love the look of them dont think i would buy one at that price.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:53 am

Now that i have tried both a bedbug and Flutterby Fluff, i would say that the bedbug, although i love it and worked really well overnight and is probably my slimmest night nappy, it's not worth £25! We have only tried a FF on, so i cant comment on absorbency yet but it was slim fitting, soft,squishy and imo better value :D As pp said if your not happy with them, sell on and wait for FF custom slots :D

Juliex

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:58 am

juboo752 wrote:Now that i have tried both a bedbug and Flutterby Fluff, i would say that the bedbug, although i love it and worked really well overnight and is probably my slimmest night nappy, it's not worth £25! We have only tried a FF on, so i cant comment on absorbency yet but it was slim fitting, soft,squishy and imo better value :D As pp said if your not happy with them, sell on and wait for FF custom slots :D

Juliex

You will know very soon :wink:

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:37 pm

flutterby wrote:
juboo752 wrote:Now that i have tried both a bedbug and Flutterby Fluff, i would say that the bedbug, although i love it and worked really well overnight and is probably my slimmest night nappy, it's not worth £25! We have only tried a FF on, so i cant comment on absorbency yet but it was slim fitting, soft,squishy and imo better value :D As pp said if your not happy with them, sell on and wait for FF custom slots :D

Juliex

Yay! Fluffy post for me soon :wine:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:41 pm

juboo752 wrote:
flutterby wrote:

Juliex

Yay! Fluffy post for me soon :wine:

Hopefully Monday!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Grrr... After reading these types of threads, I'm seriously tempted to try a Flutterby Fluff nappy, but there's no chance I will be home in time to get one of the custom slots on Monday. Will have to wait until the Hollow Oak co-op is finished and then try to raise some more Payapl funds.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:53 pm

I like my HL day nappies but there is something about them that bugs me. Maybe the soakers?
I have a dreamscape and althought beautiful the lay in soakers x 2 do my head in!! It is gorgeous and absorbant though!!

I will never get a FF, i keep missing them. Im Mourning the loss of missing a monday slot still :( :( :(

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies