hf1

Ellas house hemp nappies?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Ellas house hemp nappies?

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:32 am

Hello. I have a couple of hemp nappies but hadn't tried them out. I have just put one on Elouise and I am amazed at how slim it is. Am I right in thinking though that I need to put another layer in the inside because the nappy is hemp? Or does it have that in already? I put a pettis desous booster in and even then it was still quite trim but as it is a folded booster it wasn't the slimest in the world. I have loads of very thin cotton boosters which I have always thought were a bit useless. Would these do? I wondered as they aren't actually needed for the "boosting" but just to aborb the wee while the hemp slowly soaked it up? Maybe I would need a couple (they are very thin).

I have put her in her wool for the first time too!! Yay! Think she could actually do with it being slightly bigger so will be on the look out for something in a bigger size but it will do for now. Hope it does the trick! Has only been treated once so we will see!

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Ellas house hemp nappies?

Postby ruby » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:31 am

I use these and also use a booster as find they're not absorbant enough on their own, but that's because Matthew is 2 and does massive wees! You may find that you don't need a booster with a tiny baby, it's just a case of experimenting and finding out what works for you.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:16 am

i don't think you would need an extra booster with these cause they are 45 % cotton so should absorb fast enough on their own. We just got one, i just used it overnight also with wool and put the booster between the nappy and the cover, not on top, only a tiny booster, there were no leaks and DD is still an all-night nurser!
certainly if it's getting too full then add a booster but you don't need to. unless you are line drying and then you might want a soft liner in between the hemp and baby's skin.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:32 am

I tend to use a booster with mine, just so they last a little longer.

x

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:47 am

Thanks Elouise is a bit hit and miss with wetness during the day. One day she wees loads and the next is very light. Always a heavy wetter at night though :roll:

We do line dry though so I guess they will go quite hard. We only have 2 of them anyway so not going to be used all the time or anything. Usually in MEOS if using shaped nappies with the stay dry boosters and they last about 2-3hours.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 pm

A couple of nights ago mu husband decided to ignore Blake WNNNs and actually put him to bed in an ella's house hemp just with a little fleece topped booster and a fleece wrap over :shock: :roll:

I was really impressed with the nappy though especially considering how slim they are. It weighed quite a bit on the morning and we hadn't had any leaks - it had managed to absorb loads! :)

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies