hf1

nappy slippage!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

nappy slippage!

Postby rhead » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:11 pm

When DD was smaller (9 months-ish), I had a lot of problems with builder's bum, and decided that she needed nappies with a high rise - basically we went straight to larges when height and weight-wise you'd have thought she'd need mediums. Mainly we used Swaddlebees fitteds, which were perfect. Then I started diversifying, and for a couple of months practically everything seemed to fit, though we did have some issues with front-snapping nappies and occasionally SS as well. But just recently, I've been finding that her nappies (all sorts of fitteds) seem to slip down in the back, so her bum's peeking out - even ones I know have a high rise. Before I start selling everything that's giving us problems :roll:, is it possible that I'm doing something wrong? Maybe I just need to fasten them tighter? I do try not to do them up too tightly, as I hate the thought of her tummy being squeezed when she sits down (who doesn't hate too-tight trousers? :giggle:).

I don't have any problems with her pockets, it's just fitteds. :(

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: nappy slippage!

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:16 pm

I would say it sounds like they need to be done up a little tighter! Can't hurt to try it!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:45 pm

yeah I would try doing them tighter as well, Gracies nappies are always fastened snug on her and never had problems with them being too tight or uncomfortable x

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:30 pm

I tried fastening them tighter, but she got horrid marks on her thighs. :cry:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Can you try fastening them with a nippa, to get the tightness, but angle it so not too tight on thighs?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:05 pm

As I'm always open to an excuse to sell nappies and buy different ones, I think I'll just weed them out. :cry: :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:07 pm

rhead wrote:As I'm always open to an excuse to sell nappies and buy different ones, I think I'll just weed them out. :cry: :giggle:

:hug: for having to part with some of your lovely fluff but :wine: for being able to buy some scrummy new fluff to replace it. :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Aww poo Lili , still good excuse for new fluff!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Nothing fits soph at the mo either :shock: :hug: :hug:

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies