hf1

Falling out of love with my Bamboo baby beehinds

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Falling out of love with my Bamboo baby beehinds

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:22 am

Title says it all really... They just aren't good as a night nappy any more... I think it's the HUGE leg holes and style of leg elastic that do it as she often just wees out of the side when lying down but they're better as a day nappy when she's upright... Don't get me wrong they're great for absorbency and it's nice that they don't leave red marks on her legs but these days my bambeasy nippa nappies are my preferred night-time nappies (altho' they take equally long to dry)...

I think the other reason is that they're not fleece-lined which I do prefer now for night-time...

Also also (hehe) the one she was in last night popped open this morning after she'd had breakfast!! :shock: DH came up the stairs going "help her nappy is falling off and I don't know if she's pooed in it or not!!!" heheheh (thankfully she hadn't) :roll:

Anyone else falling out of love with these?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Falling out of love with my Bamboo baby beehinds

Postby Annette » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:29 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Also also (hehe) the one she was in last night popped open this morning after she'd had breakfast!! :shock: DH came up the stairs going "help her nappy is falling off and I don't know if she's pooed in it or not!!!" heheheh (thankfully she hadn't) :roll:

Anyone else falling out of love with these?

Love the image! I agree that I don't use them at night - I love them under wool during the day, very absorbent but slim and reliable. But too much of a faff for nighttime with all those boosters and then a fleece liner on top.

I still love our Stuffies for nighttime. Very good and versatile.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:13 pm

I dont really use mine for night time that much but not because there not absorbant enough just because there so slim fitting there great under fitted clothes. :)

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:22 pm

i love the look of mine, but have been out of love with them for a while due to the huge leg holes and frilly outy legs. altready sold one a while back, and considering selling the second (esp as want a new mommys touch!)

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:51 pm

I don't use mine for night either. I only use it when we're going out for a while and I want something I know will last but won't be too bulky.

also even though they are supposed to be birth to potty it's getting a squeeze round Lockie's tummy and he's quite skinny really.

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:35 pm

before I got into WAHM I liked the look of these, but they never really fitted my boy right - legs too gappy and too short in the rise
nice colours tho!

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:45 pm

We've recently converted to these at night. They're a great fit on my skinny minnie who has tiny hips and chubby thighs! I find it hard to believe they're a birth to potty for an average or chubby toddler, though. Haven't got enough to use in the day.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:29 pm

I only had one, but never really used it for night as I couldn't add any extra boosting without it popping open.

I can't see how it could fit birth to potty on an average child though, Katie is only skinny.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:02 am

That's funny you say that as for a while I wasn't much using them but at the moment I'm loving them (ok fleece lined would be nice but not a huge prob), I use them at night with both the boosters in and don't need to boost more than that (might change in the summer when drinking more). They fit Louis pretty well too, not amazing with poo as said the leg holes are pretty big!

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies