hf1

Do I sell my MEOS?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Do I sell my MEOS?

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi ya. If you had asked me a month or 2 ago, I would have said I would never sell my MEOS. I do think they are fab, and using the pop in boosters I don't ever get leaks (unless left tooo long obviously). They are very reliable and I did love them once. BUT I just find that I haven't touched them for about 2 weeks. I have been using pockets and the thing that makes me go with pockets is that
a) I make up in advance and then just shove on (ELouise is VERY wriggly)
b) Her skin stays dry and the nappy is nice and soft - this is probably the main thing
c) They are less bulky
d) They are more pretty and interesting.

Feel a bit annoyed though that I went through all the trouble (and cost) of dying them so they looked nice and I only invested in more a few weeks ago (although very cheap and stained).

I don't want to regret selling them if I do, but at the same time, they are taking up a lot of space considering they are not getting use.

Another thing is that I would like to use wool at some point, so I guess they would come in handy for that?

What does everybody else think?

Sorry to ask such a stupid question - I am too tired and baby brained to make the decision on my own!

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Do I sell my MEOS?

Postby juboo752 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:08 pm

I use my MEOS under wool all the time even though i have lots of prettier fitted and pockets, i still love them :D However mine are the bamboo ones which i find far more reliable than my cotton ones!

I did sell alot of my cotton MEOS when i discovered a prettier world of fitteds but i didn't get back anywhere near what i paid for them, i found people only wanted them if they were dirt cheap, so i have hung on to the remaining cotton ones i have in the hope i may get some use out of them :oops: :-?

What you could do is test the water in the classified's to see if there is any interest and just get rid of some of them and buy some prettier fitteds with the proceeds and then see how you feel in a few weeks time about the rest?

hth abit

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Could you sell some and keep some - best of both worlds. Then you could buy some more prettier fitteds to use under wool :wink:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:34 pm

See I believe MEOS have a place in every collection, especially for times no other nappy will do - I am thinking of trying to clear rashes or rubbings where other shapes of nappies may have rubbed the skin, good popper nappy to go under wool and you can make them into night nappies for smaller children by using a different fitted underneath like a tots.

IMO 2 weeks of not using a nappy is not long enough - I haven't used pockets all 2009!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:08 pm

I'd go with Julie's idea, sell a few and keep a few.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:30 pm

yep, I'd sell some and keep some, I think we will always have a couple of bamboo sandys in our collection as they are fab nappies made so much more pretty by Hanna

My avatar
sALLYf104
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sALLYf104 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 pm

I sold a load of mine when my LO was about 8 months as I got into pockets and I thought she was outgrowing them. BUT I kept a few as they werefrom my local council and I'm using them now. They fit her better now at 23 months - plus they are absorbant enough (with boosters) for toddler power wees where pockets don't seem to cut it any more. I say keep them....
Sally

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Keep the pretty ones, sell the boring ones :twisted:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:47 pm

I have used them today and remembered that they are actually really good! lol.

One thing I just don't get - they seem to absorb loads and don't get over soaked? Elouise wees a lot and in pockets at the very least we need an EP hemp and a PD bamboo during the day. Give it 3 hours and it is soaked - any longer and she leaks. Yet I change dthe MEOS today about every 3 hours and it was wet yes but not soaked up to the middle or anything. And with an airflow I think It would take quite a bit more to actually leak out the wrap. I do use the pop in boosters though but still.

I don't get how this can be more absorbent than the hemp and bamboo inserts? The rest of our cotton collection went a while ago - except for some for the new baby in small sizes.

Also, at 15 months she is on the biggest popper - I don't get how they will last till potty training?

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies