hf1

Bamboo Sandys - any good for heavy wetter?

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Bamboo Sandys - any good for heavy wetter?

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Mon May 11, 2009 10:21 pm

Anyone have any ideas? I've never used them before, but hear good things about them. Are they reliable for heavy wetters?

Chelle x

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Bamboo Sandys - any good for heavy wetter?

Postby fleur08 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:03 am

hi, i dont know if they are good for heavy wetters but ive ordered 2 to try for nighttime & will boost if needed.
i got mine from treehuggermums & they are selling them off at £5.40 for small& large & £6.40 for the toddleease. :wine:
thought that was a great price, just waiting for them to arrive!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 12, 2009 11:07 am

I love them and use them at night. Gracie's are a large and I boost with a petite dessous and an easy peasy but there is room for more. I always go on about them but they are barely damp on the outside in the morning. Gracie wore one last night and it contained a very yucky raisin fillled poop :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue May 12, 2009 11:08 am

I find that a bit of boosting makes them very reliable for Iris. But she still wears a small ( :shock: - it's fit her from birth, too), so don't know whether a large would mean no need to boost.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Tue May 12, 2009 8:10 pm

I've ordered 5 small and 5 large - also from treehuggers, bargain price and worth trying out. Plus of they dont work, can use the small on my NB so nothing lost!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Soupdragon wrote:I find that a bit of boosting makes them very reliable for Iris. But she still wears a small ( :shock: - it's fit her from birth, too), so don't know whether a large would mean no need to boost.

Nicola, Gracie wear a large and she isn't 19lbs yet, they were big but the lovely Hanna put more snaps on them when she dyed them. xx

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu May 14, 2009 8:00 pm

My Sandy's arrived today, they're really soft! How many times do u wash to increase absorbency?
Oh and what liners/boosters do u all use?

Chelle x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 15, 2009 10:16 pm

I just pre-washed once and used them at night straight away with no problems. As for boosting at nigh we use petie dessous and an easy peasy but for day time you could get away with less, I would probably use one of the peachy cheeks hourglass bamboo inserts and an easy peasy, that would still be very slim. x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri May 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Sorry Kirsty, only just saw your reply. :oops: Iris is still a little under 17 and a half pounds, so still within the weight range for small. And not even on the last row of snaps yet, so there's room to grow yet!

We use EP hemp boosters and large Babeco bamboo boosters to get us through the day. (Additional boosting can make a Sandy's last 3 hours for us.) We've only gone overnight in a Sandy's once; that was with a Big Weed boosting. And that only lasted from a middle of the night emergency change to the morning. 3 hours is our absolute limit with a Sandy's, even boosted.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies