Kissaluvs & Bubblebubs

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Kissaluvs & Bubblebubs

Postby beck » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:55 am

Does anyone have any experience of Kissaluvs on newborns??

And what do you guys think of these ? They look good but are expensive!

darlingsdownunder.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=BBGNSTMedium

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:42 am

Gosh I can't believe how expensive they are if you need the large heavy wetter its $52 (that £20!!) that wins the most expensive nappy in the world prize!!!!!!!!!

I used kissaluvs on Louis, I had about 8 of them (not the really tiny ones just the normal small ones). I found their absorbency to drying time was really bad (ie they weren't that absorbant and took quite a long time to dry). MUCH prefered my little Bimble quick drys (so so sos osososoososososo cute!!)

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:09 am

I know I nearly fell off my chair when I say the price! I was getting excited and thinking of ordering one but I think I might get in just a teeny bit of trouble no matter how good they were :roll: :D

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:55 pm

I have nine size 1 kissaluvs for Zac. I didn't bother with any size 0. He was 8lb 13oz so the size 1 fit him after only two weeks. I love the coloured ones. I found the drying time Ok, no worse than a diddy diaper and faster than a bamboozle. The absorbancy has been fine so far for daytime lasting about 3 hours.
The only prob has just developed and that is they are now to short in the rise. He's only 14lb and there is plently of room on the waist but he had a serious builders bum. I think he must be quite a long baby as I've also had this problem with Tots Bots size 1.

Don't know whether that rambling helped or not! :lol:

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:27 pm

we used the size 0 and size 1 kissaluvs exclusively, with an Imse Vimse bumpy wrap (pul/cotton and wool) over, as was the only wrap which effectively covered the wider bum of the kissaluvs. I really loved them, but the difference in size with a 1 and 2 didnt suit us, and they began to not be absorbant enough, which is when I fell into Hyena alley......

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:37 pm

I've not used them, but normal bubblebubs (not the night nappies, the normal AIOs) are really popular with my aussie cloth nappying friends.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies