hf1

Little Lamb nippas

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Little Lamb nippas

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi just wondering if you can help, my little one isnt here yet so I'm going to order in a few weeks but I'm thinking of going with the LL nippas as I havent actually heard anything bad about the LL yet. Anyway, I read that to save money you could buy the size 2 and not bother with the size 1 (obv just fold the front down as it's fastened with the nippa) and it would just be a slightly bulkier nappy to start with. I certainly won't be having a little baby as his dad is no midget and I look like I'm carrying twins (I'm not :oops: ) so I don't want to get size 1 if I'm only going to get to use them for 5 minutes.
Anyway back to the point, has anyone actually used the size 2 from about 2/4 weeks (this is when I hope to start using) and does it work?
Same question for tots bots please??
Thanks
Lisa
xXx

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Little Lamb nippas

Postby Frances » Fri May 15, 2009 9:14 pm

I tried that with Tots Bots Bamboozles - my DD was about 9.5 lb when I started using size 2s alongside my size 1s at 4 weeks old and they were huuuuuge - they were so bulky when I had folded the front down; I didn't really end up using them.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 pm

TBH I can't imagine it working except for nights, they'd just be HUGE!!!!

I had some sz 2 popper bamboozles and could only use them at nights and t hat was when Summer was about 5 months!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri May 15, 2009 9:46 pm

I've never used LL or size 2 on a newborn. But just to echo Frances - we used TB size 1 (which are very similar) and they were enourmous on a newborn bum. And Iris wasn't a tiny baby (she weighed 8lb 15oz at birth). Personally, I'd buy some pre-loved smaller sizes and get fitted nappies to fit as your LO grows. Trying to save money buy only buying one size of nappy might be a bit of a false economy - if they don't work, they might put you off. Plus you might find that you want bamboo size 2 (particularly if your LO is a heavy wetter), whereas you wouldn't need that kind of absorbency for a newborn; in the early days you'll really rate speed of drying with all the nappy changes you'll be doing! :giggle:

Oh, just for comparison, Iris outgrew size 1 TB at about 6 months, IIRC.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 15, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm sure sz 1 TBs and LLs would still fit Summer now! Though she does still fit in her small NL and her small BBSS, but I decided last time she wore it that I will be putting it away soon as the rise is quite low!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri May 15, 2009 9:51 pm

TBH, one of the reasons we stopped using size 1 TB was the rise issue. A builder's bum isn't really a good look for a nappy. :giggle: But that was in November, so we had a lot of use from them.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 15, 2009 10:00 pm

Soupdragon wrote:TBH, one of the reasons we stopped using size 1 TB was the rise issue. A builder's bum isn't really a good look for a nappy. :giggle: But that was in November, so we had a lot of use from them.

Iris seemed quite tall compared to Summer though, Summer's just destined to be a short arse like her mummy and daddy, not sure where Jak gets his HUGENESS from :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri May 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Iris is bang on the 50th centile for height but only the 9th for weight - so she seems taller than she is. She's just skinny. Takes after me. Poor thing.

Jak is huge. But still in proportion. :-? How do they do that! Summer gets way too many compliments. He's a little cutie, you know. :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Soupdragon wrote:
Jak is huge. But still in proportion. :-? How do they do that! Summer gets way too many compliments. He's a little cutie, you know. :D

He's on the 90th for height and the 98th for weight so pretty in proportion, and I agree Summer gets too many comments, people always used to say what a gorgeous little girl Jak was :giggle: (he had long hair) right up until Summer was born then it just stopped, poor boy, I think that's what happens when there's something diddier around IYKWIM and with Summer still being so small she looks like an ickle (ish) baby still!

Sorry for getting a bit off topic here!

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies