hf1

Which fitteds/shaped nappies for heavy wetter?

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Which fitteds/shaped nappies for heavy wetter?

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:10 pm

We cant use;
UD - day or night
FF - nights :(
totbots terry - even boosted with hemp, barely lasts 2hrs
Bamboozles bamboo - boosted with hemp, again barely lasts 2 hrs

Little lamb bamboo, boosted with hemp, fair a bit better, but lo can undo the velcro :(

Help - running out of ideas fast!!!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Which fitteds/shaped nappies for heavy wetter?

Postby Frances » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Have you tried Baby Beehinds Bamboo or Northern Lights?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Will be interested in hearing other responses to this, given Iris' wetting habits of late.

I put her in a Baby Beehinds today. It lasted a good 3 and a half hours! Woo hooo!!! :wine: So that works. (Up until yesterday, they were night nappies. She's a very light wetter at night.)
If I boost a HO with an EP hemp, they go 3 hours, too. Without the boosting, she can outpee them in 2 hours. :(
HL fitteds are working well for us at the moment.
WN NL are also doing a fab job.
The majority of the rest of my fitted stash are OBV nappies (Rockstar Babywear, Kiwi Pie, Flutterby Fluff, Sweetiebums). They all seem to work well. I'm experimenting boosting with bamboo or hemp at the moment, to see how long we get out of them before leaks.

I'm actually considering trying to get my hands on another JR. I tried them previously (when Iris wasn't so super-soaking), but found them a little bulky. But I do think the trifold insert would cope well with a heavy wetter, so I think it's time to revisit one and give them another whirl.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:45 pm

We have a stash made up of the following, all of which work on my heavy-wetting DD. When working well, they all last at least 3 hours:

Jimmy Riddles - I do boost these with some hemp, but they fit and last well.
Hollow Oak - Don't generally have to boost these.
WeeNotions NL - I boost these too, but the fit isn't so good atm
Fluff N Stuff - These are great. We have the day-to-night nappies, which are designed, as they say, to work at night, so plenty of absorbancy for theday. With some extra boosting they can last the night :D They are a PITA to get hold of
Fanciful Fannies - Usually my change bag nappy. They don't last a long time unboosted. Can last up to 2 hours with some boosting, but a good fit and fine whilst walking round town.

I also have a few pre-loveds on the way. Swettiebums, Kiwie Pie and Luxe. I've heard good things about all of these. I also have a new Dunk N Fluff coming in a few weeks.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:32 pm

What fabric were your UD - mine are soy and I think they are the most absorbent nappies I have?

I also love - WNNL, Hollow Oak, Holden's Landings Bedbugs and bamboo sandys. But Blake isn't an especially heavy wetter to be honest.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Have you tried Ella's house hemp or bumhuggers?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:12 pm

2climbingboys wrote:What fabric were your UD - mine are soy and I think they are the most absorbent nappies I have?

I also love - WNNL, Hollow Oak, Holden's Landings Bedbugs and bamboo sandys. But Blake isn't an especially heavy wetter to be honest.

I was going to ask the same thing. If you haven't tried the soy ones then I would try that. We use the UDNN during the day on Elouise and they last hours, but she out pees everything else fairly quickly.

I guess you have already tried stripping your nappies?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:17 am

My Ds appears to be a heavy wetter, he is 9 weeks and im not sure if he is just a heavy wetter or its his age...

Anyway I find that the OBV nappied that we have are much better! We have bamboo little lambs which last maybe 2 hours MAX at the moment, we have small sandies that unless boosted massivly dont go longer than 1.5-2hours and anything massivly boosted on him looks rediculous!

But I am having really good luck at the moment with puddlekins and goodmama's and they will last 4 hours and probably would go longer if I let them! Without any additional stufing...infact ds can go 3 hours in any of those without the snap in boosters (to keep them a little slimmer!) :)

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:34 pm

UD's are soy and ringing wet after 2 hrs - yuck!
Bamboo sandys last 30mins :hohoho:

I'm going to try one of ems nappies, see how we get on. FC

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies