hf1

Goodmama and puddlekins? UPDATED.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Goodmama and puddlekins? UPDATED.

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:29 am

Ok so i am loving OBV nappies at the moment and have never owned any before...I just did BG and prefolds with DD...so im wondering about the similarities in goodmama and puddlekins? They look quite similar but i wondered from people who have used both?

Thanks! :)
Last edited by megansmummy on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Goodmama and puddlekins?

Postby rhead » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:53 pm

They do look very similar, but I haven't ordered my Puddlekins yet so can't compare!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:24 pm

Hiya, I have a few goodmamas some preloved and some new, and I make puddlekins ;)
My nappies, the crotch is quite a bit wider than the good mamas, and the rise is slightly longer. I wanted to make a nappy that was fun and cute with varying prints and options, but also practical and functional, as a day or a night nappy. I love knit prints, I am a hoarder of all things cute and soft and colourful!! I have experimented with lots of styles of nappy and this type of fitted, I do prefer. I have given an option for turned and top stitched ( TTS on the website), and am developing a side snap nappy atm, which is currently being tested out on a few babies. I have too many ideas floating round my head atm!!! LOL

Hope this helps a little :)

Emma.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Thank you for this post I had been wondering the difference. I am still really tempted as I LOVE the look of them but after reading your answer
ems wrote:My nappies, the crotch is quite a bit wider than the good mamas, and the rise is slightly longer.

don't know if it will be too wide for Roxy, what has the feedback been on younger babies?

Also when you say they are suitable for day or night does that mean they are quite bulky?

Sorry for the questions but trying to find out if they will suit us, really hope so as they look gorgeous nappies and the fact they are OBV is a big bounus.

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:12 pm

The bamboo isn't bulky at-all its slinky and squishy ;) The Cotton sherpa is very bulky! It squidges up well. I have Slim Jim version - here....which I'm currently sewing.. ... next to a Blue Booga turned and top stitched *reglular* one...

just uploading pics......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/puddlekins/3679432430/
Last edited by ems on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:17 pm

Oh this is very helpful!! :) I love the fit of the goodmama on DS and I want to add some similar to my stash but i would rather order from a UK WAHM than try and import a load from america!

BTW im loving the blue booga print!!! :wink:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:21 pm

not wanted to plug goodmamas, but there is a couple of nice ones in her bargain bin !!! ehehhe.. ;) i like...( i'll go find them..)...brb

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:23 pm

so is the blue booga one the cotton sherpa one? and the other one the OBV one??

Bryc, I have 2 puddlekins on the way (1 new and 1 pre-loved) I will let you know as i have a 8 week old :)

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:26 pm

http://shop.thegoodmama.com/ProductDeta ... D02%2D1011 this one.. and this one... and ..!!

http://shop.thegoodmama.com/ProductDeta ... D02%2D1066 hmmm.. oh dear.. I jsut looked how much shipping would be ;) LOL////// if I ony got.... :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies