hf1

Puddlekins

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Puddlekins

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:53 pm

What are they like? And how do the night nappies preform, I really feel like I am missing out by not having one :cry:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Puddlekins

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:05 pm

I have one puddlekins (waiting on another) and I have been using it on my DS who is 9 weeks old and i love it! I love the fit and the absorbancy! I have also put it on my 2.5yr old and it fits very nicely! havent used one overnight since we havent ventured into cloth overnight with ds yet and dd wears a sposie. However during the day it goes 3-4 hours (prob would go longer if i let it) and he is a pretty heavy wetter at the moment...

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:34 pm

We have 3 puddlekins that we use overnight and they are fab. We have the cotton sherpa with cotton print outers and depending upon how much Harriet has had to drink I sometimes use extra boosting or just use the boosters they came with. We use them with wool and have had no leaks even when we used them without prewashing. I would highly recommend them :wink:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Are they the "night nappies" she has on her site or just the normal one size fitteds?

I'd love to try one if she can perfect her side snap design.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:42 pm

They are the serged cotton sherpa night nappies but I would have no hesitation in using them during the daytime too. I don't find them too bulky, I would probably just use a slimmer booster maybe :D

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:11 pm

I have a one size fitted and I love it, have just ordered another and a night nappy. I didn't give it a pre wash and it lasted my DD 3 hours - and probably would have gone longer if I'd let it. She is a really heavy wetter and is fab at out-pee'ing most nappies. I don't find it too bulky either... Abbie loves hers!!! I really do recommend them :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:33 am

I want one for night and day, might go for an ooga for day and just plain sherpa for a night nappy. What crotch width di every one get regular or slim jim, thinking regular for night and slim for the day, what do you think????

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:02 pm

I just got the regular width as I don't think the slim jim version was available at the time. I don't think the regular is overly wide for daytime either but I guess it's down to personal preference :D

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:55 pm

I have a slimjim Ooga on the way :wine: (I asked Emma if it was OK and put a note in the Paypal comments), hoping it will be a bit trimmer-fitting than our Goodmamas as I really love the look of them off the bum but am not quite as into them on, IYSWIM...

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies