hf1

Q's about fitteds.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Q's about fitteds.

Postby twinkletot » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:49 pm

I am getting quite a selection of nappies now and am looking at the mutts and gm's I want to get some. I need to ask some q's first though lol. I have got all pockets and aio's at the moment so what is the difference with the fitteds?? Are they just a slimmer fit but and aio too or am I off the mark completely!!! I love the mutts and gm's and as I said want some but do I need wraps with the fitteds or do they have pul or similar built in? As you can tell am a complete novice where fitteds are concerned and could really do with the help :wink: .
Sam x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Q's about fitteds.

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Yes fitted nappies need a wrap :)

Goodmamas are supposed to be super-absorbent so if your LO was running around outside you wouldn't need a wrap but normally you do.

Fitteds aren't normally a slimmer fit than pocket nappies indeed most people find pockets slimmer... Pocket nappies and AIOs are certainly more convenient but fitted nappies are usually more absorbent and more reliable too and although most people don't have a problem with AIOs and Pockets leaking some people find that only fitteds and wraps don't leak for them.

Fitteds tend to be better for night-times too...

With fitted nappies you can use PUL wraps, or Wool or fleece...

Hope that helps answer some of your questions :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:12 am

With my daughter we used pockets untill 8 months when she started out wee'ing every combination of stuffing in sight and then i discovered fitteds and wool!! :wine:

So with my son I have been using more fitteds than pockets and I much prefer them! I leave pockets pre-stuffed for DH and in the change bag but when i change him at home he is in fitteds and a wrap 99% of the time! Im trying to get into wool with him too :mrgreen:

I find fitteds far more reliable than pockets, we use goodmamas and puddlekins at the moment, hoping to add a few more of each pretty soon!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:40 am

I love our fitteds but hate wraps so I always use wool on Gracie either a skitie, longies or an interlock soaker. If we are going out for the day we always use pockets as you can get compression wicking with fitteds and wool. Often at home we go coverless and I plan to do this on holiday in the evening so I can show off her lovely nappies :giggle: Our fav fitteds are FF, HO and I have a puddlekins and mutt on the way, we probably have half and half fitteds/pockets

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks so much ladies I think I get it now :). Off to find some wraps now as I couldn't resist the mutts or gms :giggle: .

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies