hf1

bamboo LL's sizing help please!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

bamboo LL's sizing help please!

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:43 am

right I have some Bamboo LL's and despite not liking them on DS up untill now I do really like them but I have a question about the sizing...

Ds is around 13lbs and getting a little chunky :giggle: The size 1's that he has now fit but on the website it says that size 2's are from around 9 months! Well im not sure that K will still fit in the 1's up untill then :-? I want to buy more but now im wondering if i buy 2's...but then i dont want them to be too big and me not like them again :roll:

Any advice??

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: bamboo LL's sizing help please!

Postby littlesez » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi there, I have size 2 tots bots on my 13lber now but we just nippa them so they fit. I was using LL cotton and wanted to buy bamboo but got some tot bots instead. They are too big but no point in getting size 1's The size 1's cotton LL are a fab fit now but can't see it when she is 9 months?

sorry bit waffly hope it helps i can also send pics of what i mean too xxx

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:47 pm

I used my Size 1 LL's on Rowan until she was around 18lbs. The Size 2's were a bit bulky at first when we changed over but were still a pretty good fit. I think the website expecting the Size 1's to fit to around 9 months is being slightly optimistic.

Cathleen xx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:55 am

Littlesez,, pics would be great please! :)

Cat27, thanks thats what im worried about that they will be too bulky on him atm...

Im wondering wether to buy smalls and i can nippa them if i cant do the aplix up after a few months, he is only 3 months old...then i could sell them on to help fund the next size up when he is really ready for them...i dont want to shell out for them and then not use them becuase they are too bulky...

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:13 am

megansmummy wrote:Littlesez,, pics would be great please! :)

Cat27, thanks thats what im worried about that they will be too bulky on him atm...

Im wondering wether to buy smalls and i can nippa them if i cant do the aplix up after a few months, he is only 3 months old...then i could sell them on to help fund the next size up when he is really ready for them...i dont want to shell out for them and then not use them becuase they are too bulky...

will try to do pics later, i think if the aplix wont do up they would be too small and leak? not sure tho Izzy is 5 months and not too bulky with size 2 tots bots but she is only 13lbs.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:17 am

hmmm ohhh i dont know! :lol: Maybe i will try and get a pre-loved size 2 before buying a load and see which fits better :-?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:01 am

megansmummy wrote:hmmm ohhh i dont know! :lol: Maybe i will try and get a pre-loved size 2 before buying a load and see which fits better :-?

yep that sounds like a plan :wink:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:31 am

I would definately try and get a preloved Size 2 to try before buying any more, or even a new one if you can't get preloved. They're not that expensive and you will use it later. I found it was the rise that Rowan grew out of first rather than not being able to do up the aplix - but she is a very long and skinny baby! I also managed to sell all my Size 1's so you shouldn't have a problem when your lo does outgrow them.

Cathleen xx

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:51 pm

at almost 14lb at 11 weeks nathan is growing out of the rise already!

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies