hf1

Do I need liners?

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Do I need liners?

Postby rachel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:26 pm

I've been so used to using pockets but recently have bought loads of fitted and put them straight on Evie. It occured to me later that I maybe should have lined them. Do have some liners but is it neccessary to always use a liner?
:-?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Do I need liners?

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:32 pm

I don't always use a liner, depends on what Gracie has had to eat :giggle: , using liners today though as she has bum cream on due to a teething sore bottom. x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:46 pm

A liner serves 2 purposes, to act as a stay dry barrier between baby's bum and wet nappy (especially if you use fleece) and to make poo removal and disposal easier. It isn't totally necessary to use them but people do for these reasons. HTH :D

My avatar
saraanderson
Clothie
Clothie

Postby saraanderson » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:38 am

Yes, liners are handy but not necessary.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:56 am

I've only got paper liners, so use them if I have had to put cream on my LO's bum, to protect the nappy. As LO is not yet weaned, we don't use liners to remove poo as it's still very runny!

I did use them however, on nappies that had been lent to me to help prevent any stains (although wahing well and drying in the sun did this really)

I will be buying fleece liners though to put in my cotton/bamboo nappies so that LO has that stay dry layer against his skin.

Kate x

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies