hf1

please dont think i'm silly lol

My avatar
yellowdaisy
Clothie
Clothie

Re: please dont think i'm silly lol

Postby yellowdaisy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:02 pm

and if an AI2 has snap ins, do these act as the stay dry layer rather than the nappy they are snapped onto?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:04 pm

yellowdaisy wrote:
Louise wrote:
yellowdaisy wrote:ok but can you add a booster to an AIO to help with absorbency?

It depends on the AIO, some have an opening at the back where you can add stuffing, others don't. I suppose you could add a booster inside the nappy to those that don't but then you wouldn't have a stay dry layer next to baby's skin. Pockets are a far better system than AIOs as you can tailor the absorbency to your needs and they are much quicker to dry. There's still only the one layer to put on too once the pocket is stuffed.

sorry something else is now confusing me...

if you dont get a stay dry layer from a booster, what do you put into a fitted nappy to add absorbency while keeping a stay dry layer?

thanks x

A fleece or minkee liner on top of the booster. You can buy fleece topped boosters too. I use fleece or minkee liners or if I'm expecting a dirty nappy a paper liner on top of the fleece/minkee. Then I can just flush the dirty liner away and pop the rest of the nappy in the bucket. :wink:

yellowdaisy wrote:and if an AI2 has snap ins, do these act as the stay dry layer rather than the nappy they are snapped onto?

Usually the snap-in part has a stay dry layer next to baby's skin although I like to use an extra fleece or minkee liner to help avoid staining my nappies.

My avatar
yellowdaisy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby yellowdaisy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:11 pm

Great advice, thanks Louise! x

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies