hf1

WNNL not enough?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

WNNL not enough?

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:15 pm

I got a pre-loved WNNL today (small) and i must say its goooooorgeous! (and i love how slim it is between the legs!) So obviously had to put charlotte into it straight away :giggle: However, after only half an hour she'd wet thru it completely! She is quite a heavy wetter it seems, but god, half an hour?! I think its just about perfect sizing for her atm, although give it a month and it might not be lol - Its too small on her to put any extra boosters in really, so what do i do? Ive got some wnss medium coming soon, wondering if they'll be better? :waiting: (ps charlie hates being in 'big' nappies, eg bamboozles!)
ImageImage
ImageImage

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: WNNL not enough?

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:53 pm

You could try folding the soaker into four and putting it in her wetzone or boosting between the nappy and the wrap. It does sound like you'd be better off with a medium so you can add some boosting.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:48 pm

Is the soaker the extra bit that poppers in? I had folded it over (towards the front) so she did already have it doubled over lol. So thats 4 layers. Then the nappy itself makes 5 layers (unless its double-layered!) Just wasnt really any room for an EP hemp as well lol!
Shall see how we go x

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:09 am

I have to say I'm not that impressed by bamboo terry :oops: - I've tried NLs a couple of times but we just get on better with bamboo velour. You could try a Green Kids hemp booster though - they're a lot narrower than an EP booster so you should be able to fit one in no problem.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:24 am

Puddlekins have really great boosters, they are bamboo terry but are lovely & slim and I have found the 1 I have is really absorbant (hence why I ordered 7 more) but it does sound like you would be better off with a medium and maybe a medium bamboo velour as I found the cotton outer ones did not have enough stretch in them.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:06 am

Just wanted to say that she is adorable, and that Evie pee's through most things in 2 hours! It's a real PITA :roll:

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:00 am

Was the whole nappy completely wet? That's pretty impressive after half an hour! Which wraps are you using?

If it is a case of the nappy not being absorbent enough then it's difficult, as althoguh the size up will be more absorbent it will be bulkier on her (if the small fits perfectly at the moment). I think I would be tempted to try maybe extra booster(s) between the nappy and wrap :wink:

HTH

Gorgeous pics by the way :D

S
:D

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:07 am

I find WNNLs very absorbant. If it is preloved it could be worth stripping it possibly?

I have bought a couple of pre-loved nappies that needed this doing.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 am

rhead wrote:I have to say I'm not that impressed by bamboo terry :oops: - I've tried NLs a couple of times but we just get on better with bamboo velour.

I found this too. In fact, I've just sold all my WNNLs due to fit issues and there just not being enough absorbancy for the relative bulkiness of bamboo terry. I have much trimmer fitting nappies which are just as, if not more, absorbant.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies