mutts, bububebe, goodmammas..???

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

mutts, bububebe, goodmammas..???

Postby Lizzy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:26 pm

I have a mutts m/l from here preloved and it's lovely. :D

So went out on the web looking for more and have now also discovered bububebe and goodmammas !! And they both look very similar (ahem...exactly the same actually :wink: ), but obviously they aren't.

Sooooo, what's the difference ? Which is better ? I am going to get a whole load of fitteds in this sort of style and want to get it right for my boys extremely lovely bottom !! :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: mutts, bububebe, goodmammas..???

Postby megansmummy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:36 am

I have not tried a bububebe but im a die hard GM fan!! :mrgreen: They are fab on my little boy and with a tiny bit of boosting will go overnight aswell :)

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lizzy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:50 am

they're a lot more expensive than mutts tho. is that because they have more layers ? whats the fit like compared to a mutt ?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:26 am

i like our goodmama one nicer fit than muttaqin i don't like how small the muttaquins are

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:45 am

I also haven't tried the bububebe but I am going to once I have more PP :mrgreen: as for the Mutt and GM, I prefer the Mutt, the GM is narrower in the crotch and the elastic seems to be tighter so overall we just get a better fit with the Mutt, also I prefer the fact that the Mutt insert fastens in at the front rather than the back (as it does with the GM) though I have to say I haven't noticed alot of difference witrh absorbabcy, I do think we get longer in the Mutt but thats just because I can shift all the insert up front where we need it. Definately worth getting one of each to try though as it is down to personal preference at the end of the day :mrgreen: .
Just to add we use the OS nappies.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:56 pm

I use/have used all three :) . I found mutt's just not absorbant enough for my ds but he is a heavy wetter. They quickly got sold which is a shame as they are so pretty. I have both Bububebe's and GM's (both one size) in my stash and I do prefer the bububebe. The snaps tend to dig into ds on the GM's but apart from that they are fab nappy. I might just have to get some snap cover thingy's for them then they really will be fab. They are absorbant enough and the fit is great. The Bububebe is just that bit more absorbant for ds and the snaps are covered if I want them to be so no digging in :) . That really is why I prefer them.
The actual differences in them?
The GM has a double soaker that is sewn together than snaps onto the nappy and the poppers aren't covered. Bububebe has a triple soaker that can be adjusted with baby as he/she grows and poppers apart for better drying/adjustable absorbancy. It also seems to come up a little bigger than the GM so I think I will get longer out of it iyswim. Oh the poppers are/can be covered.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:02 pm

I use all three too. Mutts are super cute, but they're a shorter rise (especially the OS, the larges are OK); I think they'd be better for newborns but might not last all the way to PLing, especially for bigger babies. They're the cheapest, but also the least absorbent of the three.

Goodmamas... they're lovely, but I find them a bit poofy :roll: and the exposed snaps really bother me - I've taken one off Lili before to find a whole row of red circles on her tummy :(. That said, sometimes they don't leave any marks, and they're soooo pretty that although I've sold most of mine I can't bear to part with them all. I'm actually really liking the all OBV ones right now, even though at first I only looked at the prints. The absorbency is good, but not out of this world.

I'm a huge Bububebe advocate :mrgreen:. They're trim-fitting, by far the most customizable of the three (3 soakers that can be snapped in front or back and folded if necessary), very absorbent, and come in lovely prints and even minkee outers. I think the OBV inners are probably a bit more absorbent than cotton velour, they last us AGES. Like twinkletot said, on the highest rise setting you can snap the soakers in the front, so they cover up the snaps that dig in on a Goodmama. I also think they'll fit the longest.

I agree, best to try them all :giggle: - I keep a couple of Mutts and a couple of Goodmamas, but I love my Bububebes best.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:03 pm

I have one of each on the way so this is a fab thread. :wink: Look forward to trying them all so I can give advice too! :giggle:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:05 pm

WE only have Goodmamas out of these 3 and i find they are very absorbent for my med/heavy wetter but like Rachel said, i have found once or twice red popper marks across DDs belly though they never seem to bother her. Really want to try a Bububebe but not so keen on trying mutt for the absorbency, maybe ill pick up a preloved one? x

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies