Tykie Diapers????

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Tykie Diapers????

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:01 pm

So, who has got one?????

Have been looking and love the prices :D (even with postage) but wondered how they compare absorbancy wise to the likes of GM and Mutts?

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Tykie Diapers????

Postby vampiredreams » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:12 pm

they look very tempting i will admit :twisted:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:54 pm

I've got a fitted and it's fab - very absorbent, probably one of our most absorbent...

I've only tried a 3SR cotton velour Mutt out of the ones you compare it to but I'd say it was better than that...

I've also got an embroidered wool wrap from Tykie diapers which is also brilliant and I use at night or day...
The wool wrap comes up a little larger than the woven-print fitted (BV inner)

I would buy more if I wasn't already waiting on lots of nappies :giggle:

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:57 pm

You need to chat with Rachel (rhead) she's the tykies queen :giggle: And the reason we're going to order from there when we get paypal :-?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:52 pm

:giggle: Yeah, I found them by accident, saw a preloved wrap on a US board and wanted to check the sizing! Prices are fab and the nappies and wraps are both very cute, love her fabrics and the deals she's doing at the moment with free embroideries on nappies and wraps are awesome. I bought three large wraps and a large fitted, but the larges run pretty big so my next order was mediums. Both fit fine (DD's 22 months, somewhere around 24 lbs).

The hemp/BV fitted is lovely, very trim-fitting - I wouldn't say super-absorbent, but they can hold their own. The "luxury fitted" is a little bulkier and a lot stretchier, and should be a bit more absorbent. I really like the covers too, very kind to chubby thighs and fantastic value. The large works well for us at night over a M/L Bedbug, although even on the tightest setting they gape a little bit around DD's thighs - it doesn't really matter because of how they're cut.

I can feel a third order coming on, just need to try the new ones out again so I can figure out which size works better for us!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Got one being made, I ordered one that was on the site as instock but it turned out it wasn't so I am getting an "upgraded" nappy and embroidery free of charge. x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Want to order more but only thing that's putting me off is we did have a bit of a longish wait last-time... :?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:50 am

I think she had a lot on at the time... my last order took 2 weeks to complete and 10 days to get here, quicker than most of my Wee Notions orders :giggle:. Of course, if she suddenly gets a dozen UK orders....

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:24 am

i want to try a fitted and pul wrap but the ordering confused me

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies