hf1

Are GoodMammas any good for heavy wetters?

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Are GoodMammas any good for heavy wetters?

Postby clairelana » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

I've been thinking about getting one for a while but Kaydi is a really heavy wetter.
What do you all think?

Or should I get another d'n'F? lol

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Are GoodMammas any good for heavy wetters?

Postby tanya » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:40 pm

I've heard the absorbancy isn't too bad, but not the uber absorbancy needed for a really heavy wetter.

I was more put off by the front fasteners.

If it was me I'd get more DnF :twisted:

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:47 pm

I'd definitely get a DnF too. Goodmamas haven't got a good reputation for quality since they started being more mass produced and their CS when you have got problems isn't great either.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:41 pm

I did just see some comments though about someone's LO outpeeing DnFs in nothing flat but GMs lasting him really well :lol:. If you were going to try one, maybe go for an all-OBV? They should be more absorbent with the extra layer of OBV as the outer instead of a cotton print, and they're surprisingly cute (and uber-squishy). I think I prefer them to my print GMs :shock:. Still like Bububebes better though, for absorbency and fit. :mrgreen: I know Kirsty doesn't rate them for absorbency but Lisa (mummytofive) does and she has a mega heavy-wetter - again, the OBV inners are probably better than cotton velour?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:43 pm

We have print outters and all OBV goodmamas and i love them! We never have absorbancy issues but my son is only 4 months and im really sure that he is that much of a heavy wetter really...

I love my GM's! :mrgreen:

My avatar
Jamling
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Jamling » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:48 pm

I've just bought a preloved GM and my boy is a heavy wetter and a half :giggle: so i could up date as soon as I've tried it on him if you like. I've got a feeling it won't be absorbent enough but I wanted to try one anyway - I'm hopeless have to try everything :roll:

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Jamling wrote:I've just bought a preloved GM and my boy is a heavy wetter and a half :giggle: so i could up date as soon as I've tried it on him if you like. I've got a feeling it won't be absorbent enough but I wanted to try one anyway - I'm hopeless have to try everything :roll:

I migth of got a preloved one to try......lol I couldnt find a DnF.

My avatar
aundapenner
Clothie
Clothie

Postby aundapenner » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:56 pm

My LO is definately a heavy wetter.

We switch between cotton prefolds and GMs or BSRB (bagshot row bamboo - US WAHM that ROCKs!).

She goes through a prefold in no time. But we use the GMs or BSRBs especially when out and about and they will last at least 2-3 hours, which is great in my book!!!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies