hf1

Bamboozles aplix size1 for a newborn?

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Bamboozles aplix size1 for a newborn?

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:00 am

Anyone tired them? I tired size 2 poppers on lo but didn't get a good fit. I'm just trying to bulk up our collection before bump is born. I dont like cotton and thought bamboo would be a good idea.

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Bamboozles aplix size1 for a newborn?

Postby MrsWeirdo » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:33 am

I had a couple for Amber. They were the older style with the sewn in boster, not that it makes much difference... They were ok, bit bulky but Amber was only 6lb3oz! Could've done with cross over tabs, would have got a better fit then. I found the Little Lambs bamboo gave a slightly trimmer fit - they have cross over tabs ;)

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:08 pm

I was just about to say the same. dd had aplix, poppers were no good. I had a lot of bamboozles, but dd didnt like them as they restricted her from moving her legs as much as she wanted. But little lambs didnt. I have 1 brand new LL bamboo size 2 if u wanted to put it in your stash :giggle:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:39 pm

I have bamboozles as my main nappy. for my boy they fit great, but my girl (twins) they are too big. she's very small still, and I've found that nature babies bamboo (can't remember their proper name) are much better for a newborn sized baby. If I was ever to do this all again (not going to happen) I would get the nature babies first, then move onto bamboozles later on.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:41 pm

I used these as a night nappy from about 8 weeks. I loved them.

I really like Bamboozles in size 1 as they are very absorbant for their size, but size 2s are fairly useless.

If and when we have another, I will certainly be getting some for a newborn stash.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:59 pm

I used size 1 aplix Bamboozles from about 4 weeks and wasn't impressed :-? They're the least absorbent fitted nappies I've ever tried and Jasmine routinely outweed them in 30 mins. I didn't like the fit either.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:00 pm

I'd say consider the bamboo LL. I had MF ones in size 1 which I really liked and have bamboo size 2 which I really like :D

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lizzy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:42 pm

i have a size 1 bamboozle that Rufus has just grown out of, so i can't imagine it fitting nicely on a newborn (although they are different shapes and sizes aren't they :-? )

i used diddy diapers on Rufus and they were fab, especially as they have a lovely stay soft inner :D

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies