hf1

Little Lambs?

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Little Lambs?

Postby twirlygirly » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:55 pm

I've hired the newborn nappy kit from our local nappy network to try as Thomas is growning so fast he's approaching 11lbs at 4 weeks so there is no point buying newborn nappies for him. Anyway, the kit comprises of Little Lambs size 1, Bambenio teddies, and Bambeasys. I like them all, but the Bambeasy's are a little on the small side, the Bambenio's are a little big and none of the wraps really fit over them properly. I quite like the Little Lambs, especially the nappies, the wraps are nice but don't seem to wash that well or perhaps the ones I have have been washed so many times they are at the end of their lives. So I'm thinking of buying a Little Lambs kit but I'm not sure if I need to buy the whole kit or if it's better value to buy the kit, if I do but it how many nappies will I need? He'll be almost 8 weeks when I have to give the hired kit back.
Any tips or advice about Little Lambs? How do you all rate them? Is there anything better or equal?

Ta x

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Little Lambs?

Postby g murphy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:06 pm

i love my little lambs!!!!! my wraps seem to have washed really well, so could just be the ones that you have there that are at the end of their life! my little man is 18lb now and still fits easily in to the size 1 nappys and wraps!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:09 pm

I loved them in size 1 and we are still loving them in size 2! He fitted them until about 7 months I think.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:54 pm

We only have 1 LL amd that was the free one! I love it and use it for over night, Gracie has it on boosted tonight. Don't use wraps at all so can't help there. x

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twirlygirly » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks ladies, has anyone tried the bamboo ones?
T seems to be a really heavy wetter and is managing to soak through the little lambs in a few hours so I wonder if the bamboo might be more absorbant?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:25 pm

The bamboo's are lovely but I haven't fully compared against the cotton, when you say soaked through do you mean the actual clothes are wet, or just the nappy is wringing wet?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:31 pm

I love bamboo little lambs, my son has just outgrown the size 1's at 4 months and im moving onto size 2's! They are a FAB nappy and resonable aswell (especially if you can pick them up second hand!!) :mrgreen:

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twirlygirly » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:59 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:The bamboo's are lovely but I haven't fully compared against the cotton, when you say soaked through do you mean the actual clothes are wet, or just the nappy is wringing wet?

His clothes were a little wet and the nappy was just soaking. He does some demon wees, like a hose pipe, almost like he stores it all up for one big wee!

I might try and get some 2nd hand then. How many should I need?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 pm

I can highly recommend little lambs we still use size 1's now at 7 months and from newborn so got good wearfrom them :D We have to changee them every 2 hours and they soak through but i dont mind just changing them often. When we are going out we use a bamboo booster inside for extra absorbency or just use pockets.

The thing is with cotton is its not as absorbent as bamboo BUT its quicker to dry. So all depends? If you have a heavy wetter i would suggest bamboo. I suppose you might want more though depending on your drying facilities

OK the wraps, i had some LL wraps washed them at 60 and line dried as per instructions and the velccro went and they stained an awful colour so only lasted 4 months :( HOWEVER when i got the next lot I washed them separalty from soiled nappies to avoid stains and at 40 and they are pristine 3 months later

I can definately recommend getting new ones from LL as there CS is brilliant and they are ggod value packs at £99 for 10 nappies, 5 wraps, 10 liners and 10 boosters plus think you get a bucket too. I am very pleased with ours

HTH

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies