hf1

Velcro on Tots-Bots nappies

Should I take the velcro off my Bamboozles?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Buy more instead!
No votes

Total votes : 5
My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Velcro on Tots-Bots nappies

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:59 am

Well I discovered the reason Isabelle's tots bots don't seem to fit as well as I think they should... It's because she's right at the bottom of the weight range for them!

Having taken the velcro off her pink rainbow-bot it is a miles better fit but I'm in two minds as to whether to do it to the bamboozles...
Thing is I know they'll fit much better and shouldn't have problems nippa-ing as the nappy-nation bamboo nippa nappy I have is fine in that respect (altho' not as good as terry ones)...

But I'm going to be getting the nursery to use cloth soon and can't help thinking it might be easier for them to have velcro nappies...

That said I'm sure they can be taught how to use a nippa if they don't know already! I know she's not the only baby that comes in cloth so...
I've got some more pockets coming so she can use those at nursery but I can't really afford enough to do all three days without washing a tiny load more often which I'm not prepared to do...

So - decisions decision...

DH likes the velcro but can see that they're a better fit when nippa'ed and is happy to use a nippa (knows how but he's just not practiced enough at it yet and so it feels a bit akward for him - hence prefering velcro - but then he's not keen on poppers either as he thinks they're not as adjustable... I disagree but that's another matter!!)

I was thinking about buying two more bamboozles in a colour I don't already have and taking off the velcro straight away - but at £9 a nappy I'm not sure...

Thoughts??

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:39 am

Why dont' you just take it off one and see how you get on? Keep the velcro and if you decide you want it just sew it back on! Also if it ever stops being nippa'able (is that a word :? :?: ) you can put it back on too, or when she gets bigger and fits not such an issue!

You knew my answer already :wink: :!:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:25 pm

I agree with Tory. Also I don't like the way velcro goes so stiff after a while. I should really take the velcro off mine :oops:

I would think nursery will be fine with nippas, they aren't really difficult are they once they know how.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:27 pm

I noticed today that the applix on one of my new bamboozles (couple of weeks old) is almost off! I think I'll pull the rest off and nippa it rather than trying to sew it back on..
Bit disappointed in the quality of them actually, apart from applix coming away, a few of them have really uneven sewing on the boosters so they won't lie flat :cry:

Joanne

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:32 pm

I agree with Tory! I love my nippa'd originals

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies