Lining nappies with no pocket...

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Lining nappies with no pocket...

Postby HannahBanana » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:58 am

hello!

I bought a lovely Wam Bamboo off Jules and used it as a night nappy last night... much to James's confusion there being no pocket!

I layed a Hemp and MF booster under the bamboo booster that came with it and then a fleece liner on top. It fit great and was LOADS less bulky than her bimbles and bumbles.

She even lasted all night although the elastic on the top of her jammies were damp this morning. How can I stop that? Is it anything to do with my lining? how big does the liner need to be? because I cut up loads of fleece for wipes so just one of those.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:05 am

What type of wrap were you using? Kayleigh is a front sleeper and I get wicking around the elastic as sometimes the pj elastic can go underneath the wrap - especially if it is a nature babies or tots. I have found the only wrap to work well and not cause night wicking is the motherease airflow. I suppose a pair of longies would be even better. I try to keep my big liners for nights if I don't have any more minki pockets because I am hoping the bigger the liner, the drier she will be.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:33 am

Thanks hun, I was thinking Longies but they're so expensive!!!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:48 am

I don't imagine it is the liner - although the bigger the liner the better for keeping them dry. You might find you need a little more boosting at the front to stop it wicking - or get into wool :wink: :lol:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:03 pm

I love my wambamboo. I've never tried it for night though. I'll to have a go.
Hannah, if you want cheap longies check out this site:

*http://mumzmall.co.uk/tots2treasure/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4&zenid=8165f79f90a52c40464d578c20e2909b

She 's local as well (in bedfordshire)

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Pinchette wrote:I love my wambamboo. I've never tried it for night though. I'll to have a go.
Hannah, if you want cheap longies check out this site:

*http://mumzmall.co.uk/tots2treasure/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4&zenid=8165f79f90a52c40464d578c20e2909b

She 's local as well (in bedfordshire)

Oooh thanks hun x

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies