How do you find Mutts?

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

How do you find Mutts?

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:58 am

Hey All,

There's no review for any of the Muttaqin's apart from the 3SR type, so thought I'd ask how you find the sized Mutt's? I have a large for DS and am surprised at how saturated it is when it comes off. I'm thinking of selling or swapping for more GM's... :D

Sarah

My avatar
sarahlou
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: How do you find Mutts?

Postby sarahlou » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 pm

They didn't work well for us on DD and she isn't a heavy wetter. So I sold what we had.

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:21 pm

They aren't the most absorbent nappies. I tend to use them when I know it's only going to be on for max 2 hours.

Having said that, they are being made with an extra 2 layers of bamboo fleece now. I've got one of the new ones and it IS a bit more absorbent, but still doesn't hold as much about GMs or Bububebes etc. (But is also much smaller, so not surprising really).

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Yea, that's another thing I'm finding really - I've got the large for him, and it's quite small even though he's only 15m! I'm thinking of ordering two UD fitteds, so maybe will get those and sell off the Mutt's afterwards. :D

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:07 pm

We use the 3sr Mutts and I really like the fit but they aren't the most absorbant i our stash but I do find they will go for a couple of hours or so and they are used on a regular basis, I would like to get a couple of the sized ones to do a comparisson I think

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:24 pm

They've changed the design and made them thicker. Does your insert have two or three layers?

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:44 pm

The snap in booster has two layers on the ones I have. I think they'd be fine on normal wetters, but my DS can really soak through things quickly, so I think it's just us. The fit is on the smaller side, but I like that as it's so trim. I can get away with putting a medium wrap on over the top of it, as even though DS is 15m, he's short and chunky rather than long. This means I can put slim fitting clothes on as the bulk is comparable with a 'sposie. I think if it wasn't for how quickly he's soaking through it, I'd probably buy more! :D

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:47 pm

The news one have three layers in the insert, so you might find them more absorbent. :)

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:30 pm

victoriaw wrote:They aren't the most absorbent nappies. I tend to use them when I know it's only going to be on for max 2 hours.

Having said that, they are being made with an extra 2 layers of bamboo fleece now. I've got one of the new ones and it IS a bit more absorbent, but still doesn't hold as much about GMs or Bububebes etc. (But is also much smaller, so not surprising really).

WSS! I love our Mutts, but their place in my stash is definitely as short-term wear nappies.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies