hf1

DnF am i doing something wrong?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

DnF am i doing something wrong?

Postby evansmummy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Can someone explain how they fold these to make them more absorbant, doesnt matter what i do there soaked within an hour :shock:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: DnF am i doing something wrong?

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:49 pm

I fold all of the boosters except the top one in half and place them in Iris' wetzone. The top one I lay flat over the top of everything to keep all the layers in place. Then there are 10 layers of fabric in the wetzone, excluding the actual nappy.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Soupdragon wrote:I fold all of the boosters except the top one in half and place them in Iris' wetzone. The top one I lay flat over the top of everything to keep all the layers in place. Then there are 10 layers of fabric in the wetzone, excluding the actual nappy.

WSS. Did you buy it new or was it preloved? If it was new it will take a few washes to reach full absorbency. If it was preloved it may need stripping if it still doesn't seem to last very long.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:35 pm

:hug: i will try that - one was preloved although almost new, the other i bought brand new, have washed them both 8-9x now so thought they be fine - will give the new fold a go, thanx again :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:38 pm

FC you can get them to work for you, they are lovely nappies.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:28 pm

Nicola, when you say the top one what do you mean? I assume they are all the same, Gracies have one big snap in one that folds in half then snapped in then a single lay in one, so which do you fold??? xx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:37 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Nicola, when you say the top one what do you mean? I assume they are all the same, Gracies have one big snap in one that folds in half then snapped in then a single lay in one, so which do you fold??? xx

I put the single one inbetween the one you fold in half and fold the bottom layer of that one and the single one in half leaving the top one flat IYSWIM?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 pm

Louise wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:Nicola, when you say the top one what do you mean? I assume they are all the same, Gracies have one big snap in one that folds in half then snapped in then a single lay in one, so which do you fold??? xx

I put the single one inbetween the one you fold in half and fold the bottom layer of that one and the single one in half leaving the top one flat IYSWIM?

Thanks Louise, I kinda thought that but thought I would check :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:02 pm

hmm i will try the folding thing too...i put him in one today and it was soaked within 2 hours where as normally it has only been damp on the outside after 3 hours!!

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies