Which is the best Bamboo for overnight?

My avatar
Littlesar
Clothie
Clothie

Which is the best Bamboo for overnight?

Postby Littlesar » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Help, nappy confusion!

I use Bumgenius for my day to day nappies (10 week old girl) but I know I'm going to need something more absorbant for overnight pretty soon. I've been recommended a bamboo 2 part system but I can't work out which one to try - Bambinex, Tots Bots Bamboozle or Lollipops?
I plan to buy Motherease Rikki or Airflow wraps (again no idea which but these have been recommeded too). I don't use the dryer but as they're only for overnight drying time is not such an issue, and I would prefer not to have to buy lots of different sizes. I've tried Tots Bots pocket tots bamboo but gave up after one use as they didn't fit round the legs so leaked poo everywhere, yuck!

I think I've done to much research and now my head is spinning :-? ! Has anyone tried any of these? Pro's/ Con's?

Thanks!

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Which is the best Bamboo for overnight?

Postby 2climbingboys » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:22 pm

If you would like bamboo then Wee Notions Night Notions are excellent.

I don't use pul overnight - fleece is excellent and better for their skin. We have Wee Notions and Stacinator fleece wraps or a snugglebots fleece soaker that we use over night (and day) nappies.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:29 pm

It really depends on the fit, whether front snapping/aplix fit better than side snapping nappies, and if your baby has chunky or slim thighs. Every baby is different. Im sure a lot of people will recommend WNNN but I find them an awful fit on my daughter :( I sometimes use Goodmamas heavily boosted overnight with wool (much better than PUL wraps - nappies last much longer and arent as bad for the skin), theyre one-size. Sometimes I use others too, like Lovewee (very absorbent and fit like a bamboozle) and others i cant remember. But tbh Im having issues with night nappies atm coz i have a very heavy wetter and almost nothing is absorbent enough :-?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:31 pm

Baby Beehinds work really well for Gracie overnight x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:36 pm

i still have tots bamboozles in my stash, and don't wanna part with them :D i love the fit, they r quite absorbant, however they do take a bit of time to dry so right now i've been drying them on a low temp raidator, i know it affects the life but i know they aren't gonna live forever! i recently bought the size 2 day pack in toys r us for just 19.99 which is 5 nappies and a wrap, good for a start into night nappies, i happen to love the fit and find them quite bombproof, never had a poopy leak yet. however we do nippa them, we have aplix ones, so we get a great fit, my little man is still quite ickle and we still overlap the size 1 tabs and nippa them

My avatar
Littlesar
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Littlesar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:37 pm

Thanks everyone :D - I love the WNNN but can't justify the price just yet (she's only 10 weeks old and I've already developed a worrying nappy addiction.....blueberry minky wraps soooo cute). I'm going to give the bamboozles a go as I've got a great heated airer from Lakeland which will hopefully dry them ok.

xxx

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:41 pm

if youre gonna try bamboozles then try the lovewee too - it splits in two for superfast drying, comes with 2 double boosters, is more absorbent imo, and pretty much the same fit x

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies