hf1

Whats happened to my tots?

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Whats happened to my tots?

Postby FUZZIFAN » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:20 pm

Since giving up on my pockets some time ago we have been using totsbots (the standard ones) boosted and then wool over them. Recently (the last few weeks) they seem to be rubbing on dd's thighs and causing what looks like a big sore nappy rash type area. I guess it is sort of chaffing her thighs. Any ideas why this would happen?. My mum thinks its because they are now too wide? It isn't the elastic bit that is rubbing but slightly down her thigh.

Please, any help appreciated, don't really want to be looking for new nappies this late in the game (she is 2 in Feb) but I can't let her get sore.

Thanks, any advice appreciated.

Nicky

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Whats happened to my tots?

Postby Annette » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 pm

It may be a detergent build up irritating her skin perhaps. Or maybe her shape has changed so they rub a bit - could you try some fleece around the leg hole to try to protect her skin from rubbing on the cotton?

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby FUZZIFAN » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'll try the fleece, see if that helps. I was previously washing these in bambinex on 60 degrees. This last week I've changed to detergent and a slosh of conditioner to see if it makes any difference. We were getting on fantastically with these :x so don't know what has changed. I did wonder whether putting her in her tighter longies or soakers that are very fitted maybe? Some of her longies are a bit baggy as she is quite skinny.

Nicky

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:11 pm

FUZZIFAN wrote:Thanks for your reply. I'll try the fleece, see if that helps. I was previously washing these in bambinex on 60 degrees. This last week I've changed to detergent and a slosh of conditioner to see if it makes any difference. We were getting on fantastically with these :x so don't know what has changed. I did wonder whether putting her in her tighter longies or soakers that are very fitted maybe? Some of her longies are a bit baggy as she is quite skinny.

Nicky

conditioner clogs up your nappies hun as they are oil based, it coats the fibres. You will need to strip wash them this should sort it :) more info in the washing section :D

Hth x

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby FUZZIFAN » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks, I'll stop using condition then :doh: but it still doesn't explain why she is get chaffing on her legs as this was before I started using conditioner.

Nicky

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:37 pm

FUZZIFAN wrote:Thanks, I'll stop using condition then :doh: but it still doesn't explain why she is get chaffing on her legs as this was before I started using conditioner.

Nicky

It might be the bamboo/cotton rubbing against her once wet (or even maybe dry). This happened with my DD when she was young. We tend to use Minkee outers and OBV doesnt set it off like normal bamboo does :-?

x

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:45 pm

If it is a way down her thigh could it be the wool? We use TB fluffles and have never had any issue. Do you have any fleece or PUL wraps you could try and see if it clears up? I always think it is worth changing one thing at a time to identify what is causing the issue.

Hope it clears up soon. It's horrid when they get rashes. :(

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby FUZZIFAN » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Thanks for your reply. I've got some flongies coming soon so I'll see if they make a difference. I only have wool wraps :giggle: so not sure that'll work but I had her is sposies at the weekend as we went to a rellies house and it definitely looks better, also I have put cream on it. Today I was using a fleece liner across ways so that it went down her legs and I've boosted the nappies still further so the outside of the nappy is barely wet before I change her nappy.

Fingers crossed something will work :happypixies:

Nicky

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:27 am

Ive had this with Jack recently, and he has had barely any rashes since using cloth, and is now only in cloth at night. After alot of trying different things Ive come to the conclusion that it was a combination of not boosting enough,so the outside of his nappies were wet against that bit of his thighs, and also the wool needed washing as although it was dry and not apparantly whiffy, I think i had a build up of something nasty, as it only happened with 1 pair of longies, and even with a brand new HL .

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies