hf1

How long do you get from LL bamboo?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

How long do you get from LL bamboo?

Postby Shaunie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm currently trying a few fitteds. I have a size2 LL bamboo & tried it on my heavy wetter with the flap folded in his wet zone then used an UD wrap. We had a leak in just over 2 hours so this is no better than my pockets which led me to wonder how long other people get from their LL's.

We also have a bamboo piddle poddle which he outpee's even sooner (with a ephemp booster) - any advice for a fitteds novice please? :wink:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: How long do you get from LL bamboo?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:01 pm

erm, we get on well with the zorb boost boosters from puddlekins, they really made a difference to our nappies, but don't dry too quickly. we find we can use even a tots bamboozle as a night nappy with those. erm just trying to think, u tried adding boosting to the outside too? i've heard this can be a good idea, maybe worth trying a couple of different wraps, we get on well with the upsy daisy minki wraps but our fav outer has to be crochet soakers, i've recently learnt to make them and they are fab, you thought about trying some wool over ur nappies at all hun?

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:17 pm

I boost a size 2 bamboo little lamb with microfibre and another slimline puddlekins bamboo booster and they last 12 hours overnight - Dexter is a heavy wetter too :-? . We only use wool though....

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:37 pm

We use LL's size 2 during the day and unboosted Kieren can easily get 3-4 hours out of one...i dont think he is particularly a heavy wetter tho :-?

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Sorry if this is an obvious one, but has it had a good few washes? I find bamboo gets much more absorbant after a few weeks of washing. Also, trying a different wrap might help. We use a Bamboo LL overnight with an extra bamboo booster. My little girl is a heavy wetter too. Hope you get it sorted

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:52 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:erm, we get on well with the zorb boost boosters from puddlekins, they really made a difference to our nappies, but don't dry too quickly. we find we can use even a tots bamboozle as a night nappy with those. erm just trying to think, u tried adding boosting to the outside too? i've heard this can be a good idea, maybe worth trying a couple of different wraps, we get on well with the upsy daisy minki wraps but our fav outer has to be crochet soakers, i've recently learnt to make them and they are fab, you thought about trying some wool over ur nappies at all hun?

It's an UD minkee that I used. Have never tried wool - love the thought but sounds like hard work? I'd also need something that fits ok under his normal clothes. Have also been thinking about fleece :-?

busybee wrote:Sorry if this is an obvious one, but has it had a good few washes? I find bamboo gets much more absorbant after a few weeks of washing. Also, trying a different wrap might help. We use a Bamboo LL overnight with an extra bamboo booster. My little girl is a heavy wetter too. Hope you get it sorted

I guess it's had around 6 washes so maybe needs a few more to reach max absorbency? Tried a tots bots PUL wrap but didn't get on with them.....not too sure what to try :roll:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:03 pm

we don't find our wool soakers bulky under his normal clothes, longies are especially cool, we have some fab ones for our little dude, fleece we don't get on with so well, we find we get compression wicking and the wool is much easier, not much hard work really, i lanolise my wool every few weeks, wash in baby bath and water when dirty, it's actually less hassle i find than many of his 'normal' clothes. recycled longies and soakers are often a cheaper alternitive, or good to start with, but be warned, it's a slippery wooly slope! i only learned to crochet last week and have made 4 nearly 5 soakers already!

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:37 pm

I've been using a couple of LL bamboo for the last few weeks and they've been pretty good for us. I didn't expect them to be. Ds power wees in the day so its all or nothing with him, but I can definitely get about 3hrs from it. Thats unboosted, and under either wool or blueberry minky wrap. Never had a leak with them. I quite like the fit as well its pretty trim.
Maybe its not up to absorbancy yet??

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 pm

I agree with previous posts that wool is one of the best things to use over fitteds, if you don't fancy it though you could try some other PUL wraps. I know they're a bit boring but I have never had a leak with motherease airflow wraps. When I first starting using cloth DD was already about 15 months and we tried a bamboo LL overnight with a LL wrap and it leaked badly within a few hours. My friend gave me a motherease wrap to try and the same nappy lasted all night with the ME wrap. For me, it was the wrap and not the nappy that was causing the problem.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies