Question re: Bugga Bugga Boutique

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Question re: Bugga Bugga Boutique

Postby Cyrillia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Hey All,

I was wondering whether I'm missing something about the BBB I've bought. I went for the sized versions, and have used them a few times with not too much success. They're gorgeous nappies, but have leaked everytime so far on Ethan. I re-read the reviews on here and was really surprised as others have gotten 3-4hrs out of them! It could be the wraps though, as I've found I've had quite a lot of leaks with my UD wraps - particularly the one where the non-shiny side of the PUL is towards the baby. It could be that it's wicking though, as that side of the material is cottony. However, the nappy is absolutely saturated - front to back - when I take it off, so I'm more inclined to think it's an absorbency issue.

It could be that they're not up to full absorbency yet, as I think they've only had about three, maybe four washes, but would that really make that amount of difference?!

Also, on one of the reviews it states that the snap in insert can be folded to give extra layers in the wet zone, but I can't see how. The insert snaps into the back of the nappy, so I simply can't fold it forward if that makes sense? Or am I missing something?

Sarah
x

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Question re: Bugga Bugga Boutique

Postby Sally » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:19 pm

bumping as id be intrested to know more about this nappy,
am considering the OS ooga, but it needs to be absorbant?
how are the ppl whi reviewed getting on with theirs?

thanks

Sally

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:40 pm

The BBB i reviewed was a OS nippa version the insert doesnt popper in to the nappy so i can fold it however i want. We use wool or fleece over our fitteds and i do find this better than pul as they are more breathable.

Id definitely wash it a few more times and try a different wrap if you have one?

We still have ours and use it now, not as often as id like but thats coz i always misplace the nippa :roll:

hth x

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:59 am

Thanks for that. I tried it again on DS yesterday with a WN wrap and when I took it off at a little over two hours later it was wet through, but not right around front to back like it usually is. :)

Sarah
x

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:58 am

keep washing and it'll get more absorbent. try to use wool or fleece instead of PUL if you can. you get a lot more time from the nappy. As for the UD wrap, ive never used them, but with wraps the PUL side always goes on the inside against the nappy, not on the outside.
You probably need to add an extra booster at the front too x

My avatar
lealea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lealea » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:28 pm

The one I have is an OS nippa so doesn't have a snap in soaker, just a lay in insert which I trifold. DD isn't much of a heavy wetter though so maybe there is a difference there. DD wears hers under interlock wool or a Nature Babies wrap and we can go about 3 hours this way.

I love mine.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:01 pm

thanks leala, i will hopefully be investing in a one size soon, as soon as i save up my pay pal!

x

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies