hf1

re bobbling

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

re bobbling

Postby Sally » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:31 pm

I am building up my fitted stash atm, all the cotton fitteds I have at the mo are pre-loved,
some of them are really bobbled others have none at all the D N F'S and mutts are the worst while the WNNL have none at all??? is it the fabrics or the way they have been washed or wraps used etc?
is there a way to avoid bobbling as I have just ordered my first new fiiteds and want to keep them as nice as poss?
or is it just unavoidable?
ive only been nappying for 9 weeks so excuse if this is a silly question :wink:
thanks Sally

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: re bobbling

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Most cotton outer fabrics bobble slightly eventually I'm afraid. Depending on what type of fabric it is some get bobbled more easily/quickly than others.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 pm

i find ones with jersey cotton bobbles more than anything else i am not sure if tumbling makes them more bobbled but when i went to do my sisters ironing i noticed her clothes seem more bobbbled than ours and she tumble dries where as we don't just a thought

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:07 pm

That would make sense as the ones I have that are worse are cotton jersey wheras the cotton ones look not too bad,
We don't have a tumble dryer so hopefully that will help! The inners which I think are Bamboo or cotton velour are still perfect!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies