Side snap nappies and chubby thighs...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Side snap nappies and chubby thighs...

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 pm

:-?

Kieren has slightly chubby thighs, he isnt that chubby but we are having problems with some of his side snap nappies, Large WNNN's fit on the tightest waist snaps but the legs are on the 2nd on one side and 3rd on the other :-? I also notice that when he is sat down playing before bed that he ends up with red marks where the leg snaps have been? but they arnt THAT tight...just togh enough to do it up if you see what I mean? Im getting the same with the HL tri tone that I have but i dont know what size it is, think it might be a M/L.

The only side snaps that I have that im not getting it with is his Large DnF's and size 2 HO

i dont know what to do about his WNNN's, they are perfect and absorbancy wise are just amazing but im worried about the thigh snaps marking him, i guess i could just leave them looser and deal with the poop leaks if i get them?

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Side snap nappies and chubby thighs...

Postby weefywoo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:46 pm

I have this problem with side snaps on Imogen due to her chunky thighs, with our NN I do them up so there will be no marks and hope for the best, we've have had no leaks so far!

Maybe once WN start selling their front snap northern lights they might do front snapping NN :babyroll:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 pm

I'm having similar problems with Dexter who has mahoosive thighs :oops: , so much so that I've given up on all our side snapping nappies and am mostly using ones that I've made or front snapping ones :( . I'm not sure what the answer is hun :hug: :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Luckily I have a decent amount of goodmamas which fasten like a dream and large DnF's and 2 HO's on oreder through the co-op but our biggest problem is nighttime :-? Maybe i will just have to leave them loose and hope for the best... I really cant believe how not-large a large WNNN is on Kieren :-?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:04 pm

yep we have the same probs here (with WNSS tho), i just leave the legs a bit loose and hope for the best :-? they were fitting really well a few weeks ago but her legs are growing fast! need to try FS pockets again, coz the BGs fit like a dream atm :roll:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Hmmm, odd. I find SS better for Dawn's huge thighs :-? :giggle:
I have an UD Fleece wrap that isn't tight on her legs but leaves a red mark. I just make sure she doesnt wear it for too long and I make sure to give her nappy free time too after she's had it on. She doesn't scratch at it or anything, iyswim, so I don't think it bothers her...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Maybe it would be better if he was walking aroud and stuff, its when he sits down that they seem to mark the tops of his thighs...

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:32 pm

hmmm. I get what you mean. Odd one... No advice really, sorry :oops:

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 pm

I had the same problem with Kaydi.
I used to fasten it odd.... IYKWIM, erm tightest on one side loose on the other.

hth

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies