hf1

Wild Child nappies + sizing?

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Wild Child nappies + sizing?

Postby WillowRose » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:51 am

I am still on the lookout for a nappy that will last through the night for Freya, nothing ever has!

I have been looking at Wild Child nappies, are these any good? The night time ones.

http://shop.wildchildnappies.com.au/cat ... %26-Nights

I am a bit unsure about sizing too, Freya is prob around 17lbs now, but doesn't gain weight fast. Size 1 is up to 19lbs, but then I can only find Plus size, which says for bigger babies and toddlers.

I guess what I am saying is what would fit Freya? Can't find any size 2s, and not sure if they might be too big. Should I get a size one and hope she doesn't grow out of it too soon?

:roll: Sorry and thanks for any help!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Wild Child nappies + sizing?

Postby rhead » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:26 pm

That NN is gorgeous, but :shock: at the price by the time you've added shipping on... people are saying good things about GoodNights (Goodmama NNs) and the new WNNNs, have you tried either of those?

ETA have just seen a thread about them here and that there are some in stock at Jabula, much lower shipping I'd imagine! :wink:. They really are lovely, must avert my eyes now as we already have way too many NNs :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Dawn is about 23 inch waist and ours (The DNN+) fits on almost the tighest snaps without being crossed over. (We have to fasten a bit lop sided to get a nice fit as she's between snaps)
HTH

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks I think I'll get a size 1. Yeah I'd seen them on Jabula too, was just ogling the wild child site, lol. :giggle:

Dawnsmummy, is it very absorbent?

rhead, yeah I have a WNNN, I still have to change it at about 4am, but haven't tried it under wool yet, been a bit scared to as sometimes it's completely sodden.

I am after a GMGN when I can actually find one!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:00 pm

WillowRose wrote:Dawnsmummy, is it very absorbent?

Ours wasn't prewashed as I was too excited :giggle: And I used all the boosters that came with it, except one of the MF. She wore it for about 15 hours I think in the end and it was wet on the outside of the nappy, but her bed, Pjs and outside of her fleece soaker were dry :wine:
Don't be scared by wool/fleece over night. It actually works! And because it's breathable, some of the wetness evaporates :wine: We only ever use fleece on a night time now. Or wool, though Dawn won't wear it. She went to bed in a nappy boosted as normal, with a PUL wrap over it and she was soaked through in the morning. Never went back to PUL at night again :giggle:

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks, I just realised I posted this in the wrong bit :roll: .

I have been using fleece overnight with fitteds or AI2s. I don't like PUL so that's ok then! Freya's not so keen on wearing wool overnight, she sleeps better in a sleepsuit. Would it still work if she had some shorties under her sleepsuit? Or would it not be getting enough air?

Oh and I ordered this one: http://shop.wildchildnappies.com.au/pro ... e-Watching :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:37 pm

yes you can use shorties or a soaker under a sleepsuit :)

I was very tempted to try one but I just cant justify the price as like Rachel said once you add postage on they are a bit on the pricey side!! :shock: :oops:

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Yeah I know they are pricey but it's a while since I had a new nappy and I am getting a bit desperate overnight! Freya soaks through everything I have tried, I have been on the lookout for something really really absorbent, and everytime I find one I find someone somewhere saying their baby soaked through it so I haven't bothered to try it. Other than strapping a potty to her I am running out of options and have resgined myself to changing her twice in the night for the time being.

I can't wait for it to come now :mrgreen:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

They are gorgeous, FC it works for you! I have the opposite problem, Lili's turning into such a light wetter at night (now that she's "only" waking up once or twice a night :roll:) that I'm starting to think our NNs are overkill... I love our Bedbugs but they give her an unnecessarily huge bum! :giggle: Thinking about switching to trimmer regular fitteds. :(

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies