Weenotions Northern Lights - old vs new - update end P2

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Weenotions Northern Lights - old vs new - update end P2

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Okay here's a question...

I have a large 'old style' WNNL from when they were hemp inner covered with cotton velour (it's got a Ltd Edition cotton outer) and it's a fantastic fit on Grace and I'm so tempted to get more...

BUT I know Suzanne changed the shape of them a little plus also they're made from bamboo terry now and I don't like bamboo terry nappies :?

Has anyone got both and can do a photo comparison? Or advise?

Obviously I don't really need more nappies but I do NEED more of these as they're such a perfect fit!

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: WNNL - how are the 'new' ones like the 'old' ones?

Postby juboo752 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:39 pm

I love the new WNNL its one of my staple nappies, unfortunatly i dont know how they compare to the old becuase i dont think i ever had one :-? Sorry not much help there :oops:

I could send you one of mine to borrow if you like to see how they fit, i have plenty :wink:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm a big WN NL fan too lovely fit v absorbant, but i don't know about the old shape either although i do have a pre-loved smalls which are diff to the new small I have only difference is there is one less popper on waist and the rise is a little lower? I have a preloved medium so will check that one compared to my new mediums too?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:12 pm

juboo752 wrote:I love the new WNNL its one of my staple nappies, unfortunatly i dont know how they compare to the old becuase i dont think i ever had one :-? Sorry not much help there :oops:

I could send you one of mine to borrow if you like to see how they fit, i have plenty :wink:

Oooh that'd be fab if you would thankyou!
Just let me know what postage costs and I'll wing it over with paypal... (you've already got my address ;) )

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 pm

a staple here too hun :wink:

although im not overly keen on bt either (hard water area :x ) the fact that you can get them outered and innered in alternatives is good enough for me!

I never had any 'new' old style (iygwim :oops: ) but bought one preloved and actually hated it :oops: it didnt fit as well , rise not great , and i didnt like the cotton velour inner :oops: i sold it on immediately and bought another preloved new style!

I see youve got one coming on loan soon so hope you like it :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 am

I had one of the newest style for Bella in large and because it was all BT rather than thinner hemp, it was actually quite bulky for the absorbancy :oops: Fit wasn't too bad, but not brilliant. But, when I tried a medium, the fit was much better.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:10 am

Velvetsteph wrote:
juboo752 wrote:I love the new WNNL its one of my staple nappies, unfortunatly i dont know how they compare to the old becuase i dont think i ever had one :-? Sorry not much help there :oops:

Just let me know what postage costs and I'll wing it over with paypal... (you've already got my address ;) )

No probs, i'll get that sorted any particular you'd like to try........i've got Dyed OBV outer and topped insert, OBV Dyed Outer, cotton print and cotton velour. The BV's are stretchier than the cotton!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:52 am

juboo752 wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:

No probs, i'll get that sorted any particular you'd like to try........i've got Dyed OBV outer and topped insert, OBV Dyed Outer, cotton print and cotton velour. The BV's are stretchier than the cotton!

Oooh I dunno - mine is a cotton print so I guess I should compare like with like but I'm always swayed by obv :giggle: you choose ;)

tanya2007 wrote:I had one of the newest style for Bella in large and because it was all BT rather than thinner hemp, it was actually quite bulky for the absorbancy :oops: Fit wasn't too bad, but not brilliant. But, when I tried a medium, the fit was much better.
That's worth knowing - thanks :) How is she with the WNSS as Grace is in the large standard for those...

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:55 am

velvetsteph wrote:
tanya2007 wrote:I had one of the newest style for Bella in large and because it was all BT rather than thinner hemp, it was actually quite bulky for the absorbancy :oops: Fit wasn't too bad, but not brilliant. But, when I tried a medium, the fit was much better.
That's worth knowing - thanks :) How is she with the WNSS as Grace is in the large standard for those...

We haven't used pockets for quite a while, but when we last had them, the larges (this was before she changed the rise measurements around) were a bit on the big side, mainly in the rise though, and I think Grace needs a higher rise than Bella anyway form what you've said. Bella's long and skinny, but only seems to have a small bum (where did that come from? Certainly not me :giggle: )

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies