hf1

clothes and cloth nappies

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

clothes and cloth nappies

Postby smilinglou » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Tot bots and a motherease wraps are brilliant, they never leak and fit brilliantly BUT clothes fitting are a thing of the past, my little girl is in 0-3 clothes but if i put her in cloth she needs bigger sizes and it's really bugging me, i actually stopped using the nappies in favour for nature babycare disposables :oops: also things are really up in the air and dragging out all different sizes of clothes and then trying to use pocket and AIO (unreliable and still bulky) to make up for the huge lack of clothes fitting just isnt doing us any good at the moment :|
i've come to another brick wall with cloth nappies :cry: someone encourage me! :coffee:

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: clothes and cloth nappies

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Have you thought of using fleece or wool trousers or skirties - even over your pockets - or buy some lovely wham made clothing that is made to fit over cloth :D

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 pm

:hug: i only started cloth when alister was 3mnths, but still then tots bots made his bum huge!! if i want him in some cords/jeans i use my BG organics they are so trim, there hardly different from a sposie!

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 pm

I found H&M baby trousers/leggings excellent over Imogens cloth bum, They have loads of room and are very cheap .. she still fits into 2-4 mth leggings in cloth and she's a chunky girl :D

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:58 pm

weefywoo wrote:I found H&M baby trousers/leggings excellent over Imogens cloth bum, They have loads of room and are very cheap

I agree, H&M are good. My wee girl basically lives in leggings (stretchy) with long tops or dresses over. Wooly trousers are great too.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:05 pm

I always found Tescos clothing to be good over cloth. I have to say I have never had any problems at all with clothes for any of my lot.

I believe denim can be hard to fit over cloth nappies, but I hate denim on babies so never was an issue here!

jan x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 pm

JanX wrote:I always found Tescos clothing to be good over cloth. I have to say I have never had any problems at all with clothes for any of my lot.

I believe denim can be hard to fit over cloth nappies, but I hate denim on babies so never was an issue here!

jan x

Yep I agree with Jan and H&M are good as well. The only problem I find is as jan said is with denim/canvas type materials but even then I have had some nice pink canvas trousers that fitted fine under pockets.
Sounds like a perfect excuse to get some woolies to me :wink:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 pm

We used pockets so less bulky, but didn't have too much of a problem with clothes. Dresses and skirts are good but for babies you can get some really nice bloomer type trousers that are very gathered at the waist, and then it's easy enough to go upa size

If you want warning off the disposables you should know that there's not really any such thing as an "eco" disposable, since all our rubbish goes to landfill which is anaerobic so things don't degrade. Unless you are going to compost them yourself, you might as well buy the standard ones and save your cash. Not that I'm against disposables when you need a break or to regroup, but I just think that the eco thing is a bit of a con........

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 pm

i have never found that clothes don't fit tbh and if you buy the next size up and just hem or roll up the trousers it wil last longer anyway :-? agree with eco sposies tho you might aswell be using normal sposies

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies