hf1

clothes and cloth nappies

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: clothes and cloth nappies

Postby smilinglou » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:24 pm

northernruth wrote:We used pockets so less bulky, but didn't have too much of a problem with clothes. Dresses and skirts are good but for babies you can get some really nice bloomer type trousers that are very gathered at the waist, and then it's easy enough to go upa size

If you want warning off the disposables you should know that there's not really any such thing as an "eco" disposable, since all our rubbish goes to landfill which is anaerobic so things don't degrade. Unless you are going to compost them yourself, you might as well buy the standard ones and save your cash. Not that I'm against disposables when you need a break or to regroup, but I just think that the eco thing is a bit of a con........

i agree about the landfill thing but i wont use pampers/huggies etc due to the horrible chemicals in them that arent in the 'eco' ones, that goes the same for the wipes, they have some nasty stuff in which apparently is ok for babys :evil:
i really wanted the pocket/aio's to work but they leaked, we're just using reusable wipes, i will try again though so clothes will fit but at the moment everything seems much harder than it is :( sleepsuits and cloth nappies really dont mix well lol

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Don't beat yourself up, I think pockets are harder with tinies, you might be better with two parters. Give yourself a break for a while and have another go when you feel up to it. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. We have all been through phases of things leaking or not working properly and it takes a bit of twieaking to get it rght

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:24 am

When Scarlett was tiny i used to mostly keep her in babygros and rompers as i think they look gorgeous on babies and are super comfy. If we were going out i used to have leggings with feet which are nice and roomy over a cloth nappy and that way she could wear a nice top/dress or whatever...

When she got to about 3months i think i started putting her into trousers and as someone else said, i just used to size up if necessary but on the whole i've never had any problems getting clothes to fit over her cloth bottom.

Scarlett has been cloth since birth so i've no experience of a small bum lol, but i think a big cloth bottom looks lovely on a baby, so soft and squishy :D

My avatar
luckysprog
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby luckysprog » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:27 am

Dresses! :)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 am

I know your feelings exactly! Dawnie is a big BIG girl. She's in size 6-7 tops in Matalan, and 5 year olds clothes in Next and Tesco. I find that because of how big she is, it doesnt matter if we size up bottom half clothing, as the bigger sizes are obviously made for kiddies that are PT'd and so have NO bum in them at all. She wears fleece a lot, and she's got some leggings. There's some pants we have where we just have to use pampers with them sadly.
but yeah, skirts, WAHM clothing, leggings and tracksuit pants are what Dawn lives in mainly :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:40 am

luckysprog wrote:Dresses! :)

WSS :giggle: and skirts, best way to show the fluff off and the bonus of having a girl :wink:

But I also found shopping around for clothes was good. Kacie was still wearing her George at Asda 0-3 month jeans over her cloth at 4 months and that was over a terry square and LL wrap :D They were short on her, but fit fine over her bum. I've always moved in to the next size a month before she reaches the age anyway, to get the longest wear, so I bought her first 3-6 months stuff when she was 8 or 9 weeks old. That said today she's wearing 0-3 month top, because I don't get rid until she's grown out of stuff :wink:

If you want a small nappy, they are out there. I love our Itti's and I've found these the smallest nappy and still super absorbent for us. I don't think there much bigger, if any, than a sposie and look nice and small even under legging type trousers :D

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:43 am

indigosky2k wrote:If you want a small nappy, they are out there. I love our Itti's and I've found these the smallest nappy and still super absorbent for us. I don't think there much bigger, if any, than a sposie and look nice and small even under legging type trousers :D

Or mutts if you use 2 parters. I love our mutts for how small they are. they fit under more clothes than Dawn's other nappies :giggle:

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 am

luckysprog wrote:Dresses! :)

WSS, just make sure they aren't too long when she starts crawling. R wore rompers quite a lot in the first 6/7 months and has some very baggy dungarees.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:26 pm

I used pockets from 2 days old on Ruairidh with no major problems. We used xs fuzzi bunz, Bumgenius sized All in ones and also itti bitt's in small.

As he was a summery baby i just used his 2 parters with a nice wrap and a tshirt.

Oh and nappies by minky do pull on fleece trousers pretty cheap and im sure they would fit better.

Shops i found fine for clothing were H&M, Tesco and the soft jersey joggers from next were always fine too.

PreviousNext

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies