hf1

clothes and cloth nappies

My avatar
Aliandmilly
Clothie
Clothie

Re: clothes and cloth nappies

Postby Aliandmilly » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:30 am

We always manged to get clothes from next as they are quite generous. DD did have ALOT of leggings tho which always fit, even if you have to get a bigger size. Don't forget that the sizes are only a guideline :) xx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:15 am

Aliandmilly wrote:We always manged to get clothes from next as they are quite generous. DD did have ALOT of leggings tho which always fit, even if you have to get a bigger size. Don't forget that the sizes are only a guideline :) xx

I have the opposite problem with Next, I find their trousers come up way too small. Katie can only wear their leggings and jogging bottoms.

My avatar
Aliandmilly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Aliandmilly » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:31 pm

LOL my DD must have little legs :giggle:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:50 pm

lol i find next comes up rather big too! my older girls can't wear trousers from there, but my daughters aged 9 and 9 can both wear skirts from the under 5 range! :giggle:

i find for boys though the blue zoo stuff is good, we r liking debenhams right now.

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:13 pm

To be honest, when we started in cloth at 12 months, there was the off few pairs of trousers that we struggled with, but we just bagged them into the loft early, mainly a problem with low rise trousers. Now I just make sure I buy bottoms with a high rise that dont look to tight fitting, have no problem with most jeans/combats/joggers/cords etc... In fact i find his trousers fit better with cloth as he was so skinny his trousers always fell down beofre.

I will be using cloth from birth on next baby so will see if its different with little ones.... :-)

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Since going into cloth a couple of months ago, a few pairs of jeans have bitten the dust but DS was wearing a size smaller anyway so now he just wears 2-3 with the legs rolled up, bless him :giggle: Will just get baggier looking bottoms from now on, no skinny jeans :wink:

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:08 pm

i had similar problems with sleepsuits , i tried vest extenders which did work a little but now use pajama bottoms or aristocrat wool soakers with long legs for winter and a pajama top under a grobag - merino kids do lovely pajamas and grobags in wool so nice and breathable and no problem with cloth nappies :)

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:19 pm

we use skirts and baby legs, much easier, we aren't having any problems with clothes the only thing we can't get to fit is jeans, so we are gonna make our own,
we used pj's instead of baby gro's easier for nappy changes and Honey has super long legs as my others did so we don't own any babygros at all,
Honey was a winter baby and babylegs and skirts or dresses have been fine we have never worn tights except when she was a few weeks old and her babylegs were too big,
hth, but just relax you will find what works for you, xx

My avatar
Heavenlyhibiscus
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Heavenlyhibiscus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:58 pm

Frugi clothes are excellent and are made to fit over cloth, there expensive but they do a good sale twice a year and you can stock up then!

PreviousNext

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies