hf1

Ordering GMs from the US. Pictures of the naughty nappies!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Ordering GMs from the US. Pictures of the naughty nappies!

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:29 pm

Has anyone done this? How long did it take for them to arrive once dispatched? Cheers.

And finally they arrived......

:wine:

Thanks for all your help and moral support! :D
Last edited by 50ftQueenie on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Ordering Goodmamas from the US.

Postby Pinchette » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:35 pm

I did order mine direct from there, it took about 2 weeks to arrive

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Yes i have, took about 2 weeks x

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:45 pm

Mine took a couple of weeks too, so not too bad really. Remember you can get hit with customs charges, although Ive always been lucky enough to to be. But they can bump up the cost of the nappies!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Hmm.... I ordered mine on the 4th Feb, they were dispatched the 9th and still no sign. They've been eaten by sniffer dogs at customs haven't they? :gaah:

Do we pay tax on cloth nappies? I know there is no duty on children's clothes but I wasn't sure about nappies. :-?

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:07 pm

WTS... maybe a little less. Check the p&p as last time I ordered it jumped from $13 for 2 nappies to $28 for 3!! It worked out cheaper to place 2 orders! :shock:

ETA Just realised you've already ordered :giggle: I don't think you do pay tax on nappies but I know they can charge something & you can't claim back the RM charge which is £8 or £11!! :shock:
Last edited by Rebekahs_mum on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:18 pm

I think when I ordered mine it was a flat-rate box that was used, and it held about 6 nappies so thats how many I ordered to make it worth the shipping.

Now I could be wrong, but I dont think we pay VAT on nappies, but customs tax may be a different thing that is payable for imported goods upwards of a certain (very small :roll: ) amount. Plus, RM then adds on their own charge for it being delayed by customs!

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:21 pm

ours took around 2-3 weeks

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:25 pm

I have tried to look up information about import tax but there is no definitive answer. They just make very woolly statements, probably so they don't have to explain when they decide to charge you! :roll:

Thank you ladies. I am a bit worried about where my nappies might be. I have tried to contact Goodmama but haven't got a reply yet. I haven't even got a tracking number! :-?

Oh, thanks Claire. Maybe I shouldn't panic quite yet then. :wink:

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies