hf1

New nappies for Riley?

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: New nappies for Riley?

Postby ebonina » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:25 pm

I just come back to add that I picked up a medium DnF from the PO this morning and the rise seems a lot bigger. Not as trim, obviously, but fits OK on the tightest snaps. It will probably shrink a bit when its washed too. I've just looked in classifieds and there is at least one there (£8.50 posted).

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:27 pm

You are welcome to borrow my medium if you want. (are we still talking dunk n fluff here?) I find it a bit low in the rise for Lucas but he is a lump! Think he weighs 25+ lbs.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:57 pm

I'd say the rise is between a medium and large itti so you should be ok for rise in mediums...

We were having rise problems with the mediums but it turns out if I can just get her to not wriggle too much when I put them on her it's not an issue :giggle:

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:54 pm

My fitted stash consists of Weenotions northern lights, great as a side snap fit so similar to lots of pockets, erm, dunk n fluff are lovely too but not absorbent enough for us, fluff n stuff - fab my faves, but pricey! And thats it - I have about 10 - 15 in those varieties!

I have quite a few others for the unborn but not tried them out yet so wont recommend until i do! :-)

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:40 pm

our fitteds are Weenotions northernlights, swaddlebees, and dunk n fluffs and a flutterby fluff,
Honey is 14lb still fits into small NL, BUT is nearly outgrowing the rise dunk n fluff smalls are the same but a lovely fit as they are stretchy love them,

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 pm

I really liked Swaddlebees when Lili was smaller (no doubt would still love them now but I got hooked on fancier fitteds :oops:), both the sized and OS. I was also going to suggest Bububebes, they're OS but great for long skinny babies.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:34 pm

rhead wrote:I really liked Swaddlebees when Lili was smaller (no doubt would still love them now but I got hooked on fancier fitteds :oops:), both the sized and OS. I was also going to suggest Bububebes, they're OS but great for long skinny babies.

i forgot about this (in all the DH drama!) :oops: I have a small swaddlebees and loved it, but its a bit too small now. I'm just too cheap to have these or other more expensive nappies as our 'workhorse' nappies. I've ordered a motherease bamboo to try out and see if that's skinner for her.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:44 am

I just got the motherease sandy bamboo, tried it on and it practically fell off her! Also the swadlebees AIO size medium fitted ok, but the leg gape was horrific- the elastic didnt even start to stretch. I can still wrap my thumb and second finger around her stick insect legs.

I'm still staying away from the temptation of dunk'n'fluff...

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies