hf1

Weenotions inner

My avatar
Ukrainka
Clothie
Clothie

Weenotions inner

Postby Ukrainka » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi can anyone explain me what is the difference/which are the qualities of the following WNNN inners?
Cuddlesoft
Microfleece (i know what is fleece, but micro...)
Minkee (I know that it is like fleece. but i thought it is used for outer only)
Minkee fabric
Minkee gelato
and which is best (i know only that microfiber is bad when sewn so it touches skin)
Thans :coffee:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Weenotions inner

Postby Frances » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Cuddlesoft and minkee are very similar, they're both manmade fabrics which can be used as lovely soft inners or outers. They're not absorbent so they let moisture straight through like fleece. They don't show signs of wear as quickly as fleece, and are the only fabrics I'll buy for pockets now.

Microfleece is a thinner version of fleece - it makes an effective nappy inner, but bobbles, can stain, and shows signs of wear quite quickly.

Minkee gelato is like normal minkee, but is a different 'range' as the colours are different.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Frances wrote:Cuddlesoft and minkee are very similar, they're both manmade fabrics which can be used as lovely soft inners or outers. They're not absorbent so they let moisture straight through like fleece. They don't show signs of wear as quickly as fleece, and are the only fabrics I'll buy for pockets now.

Microfleece is a thinner version of fleece - it makes an effective nappy inner, but bobbles, can stain, and shows signs of wear quite quickly.

Minkee gelato is like normal minkee, but is a different 'range' as the colours are different.

was just about to say exactly this, IMO i think cuddlesoft is a slightly thinner and softer pill than minkee although they are very similar, I use all and think they are all good, the minkee and cuddlesoft just look and feel nicer than microfleece :mrgreen:

My avatar
Ukrainka
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ukrainka » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 am

Thanks for help.
One more question, what means mark SECOND on weenotions nappies? Second sort?,like beta version? :)

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:34 am

They usually are slightly imperfect - but still perfectly usable x

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:36 am

Ukrainka wrote:Thanks for help.
One more question, what means mark SECOND on weenotions nappies? Second sort?,like beta version? :)

Seconds are usually items which are not perfect. Maybe some stitching which isnt straight, poppers which are not aligned 100% etc. These flaws should not affect the performance of the nappy though. As far as I know, WeeNotions seconds are usually not very noticeable :wink:

My avatar
Ukrainka
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ukrainka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:40 am

Thanks for answers :wink:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:14 pm

I always go for Minkee or Cuddlesoft against my baby's skin, he much prefers to feel dry.
WN are fab!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies