hf1

Which nappy....cotton or bamboo?

My avatar
miriam
Clothie
Clothie

Which nappy....cotton or bamboo?

Postby miriam » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:51 pm

Help...im bored of my terries and my motherease OS are too big in the crotch for my 9mo. :(

Am thinking about buying some other shaped nappies however am nervous of getting bamboo ones the ones i had when she was born started to smell when she wee'd and no amount of stripping made much difference. Was thinking about some organic cotton tots bots but wondered what people thought. I only really like nippa nappies...any thoughts from you helpful folk ....? Are they going to be a nightmare in absorbancy? Don't mind teh big bum look (obviously as im using terries!! :lol:

Mx

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Which nappy....cotton or bamboo?

Postby indigosky2k » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:05 pm

I have some cotton tots and I love them. They're a size on and still just about fit DD who is 1 in a couple of weeks :shock: :shock:
I also have some Little Kiwi Quick Flips which I quite like, they're a nippa nappy. My only problem with nippa nappies now is DD is walking and I find they don't stay fastened very well as I only use wool and not PUL wraps.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 pm

if terries are absorbent enough for you then cotton tots should be fine i expect x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:22 pm

What was your wash routine with your bamboo before? maybe we can help based on that? I only use bamboo nappies and dont ever have a smell issue. I was at 60c every nappy wash and use a fair emount of detergent but then i live in a hard water area :roll:

I dont rate cotton nappies much at all to be honist, they go hard and crunhy unless you tumble them here, again could be due to our horrible hard water though...

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 pm

megansmummy wrote:I dont rate cotton nappies much at all to be honist, they go hard and crunhy unless you tumble them here, again could be due to our horrible hard water though...

That will be your horrible hard water hun :hug: I don't see a difference between my bamboo and cotton TBH. In fact my Bambinex bamboo are harder than my cotton Tots Bots even if I tumble them.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:05 pm

I am selling some fluffles in the classifieds.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=42444

They are a good nappy if you don't mind the big bum look! They are in really good condition having only been used a couple of times each and they are very soft. Though they are aplix.

My avatar
miriam
Clothie
Clothie

Postby miriam » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:13 am

Thank you...as for washing, i doa rinse and then 60 using 2 tablespoons of tots bots potion...what do you think?? Could that be teh problem? I do live in a hard water area, but do hav a tumble dryer for emergencies.

I will give it a go and try the cotton ones, and maybe a coupld of bamboo ones...i think i am trying to find teh 'perfect' nappy and buy lots of one type, rather than having several types in my stash...

I will also look at the fluffles...

:)

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies