Help needed with Little Lambs

My avatar
chunkymonkeymum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Help needed with Little Lambs

Postby chunkymonkeymum » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi,

I'm really hoping that someone will be able to help me because i'm new to cloth nappies and i haven't got a clue!
My little boy has been in cloth for three days (he's in size 1 cotton Little Lambs) and we're having terrible problems with the wraps digging into his thighs. He only has to wear them for an hour and he has deep red marks in his skin :( It's not even that he has chunky thigh's (he was prem so is a tiny 14lb at 10 months) and the actual nappy part fits well and i think that size 2 will be too big.
I'm panicking because stupidly i bought a birth to potty set because the trial went well and they were a bargain :oops:
Has anyone got any advice or will i have to accept that they are not right for Thomas and sell them? :-?

Nicole x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Help needed with Little Lambs

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:45 pm

hiya, sometimes u may find different wraps are better suited than the ones that come with the packs. we don't get on so well with the tots ones, but love the nappies. we converted to wool a while ago, so have no issues with digging marks at all, but this might be a bit much to be thinking about if ur just 3 days into cloth. some different wraps would possibly be a good start, or try them either looser or in the next size up, before u have to spend more money.x

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:50 pm

We have little lambs and now that Ewan is getting to be quite big we are using WN wraps and motherease wraps over them as we were getting the same problems. I've just started branching out into wool too and we love our longies so think thats the way we will be going. Have you thought about wool at all?

My avatar
sarahw
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sarahw » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:52 pm

yes def try different wraps my friend had the exact same problem with them... and gave up :x :shock: try a few different sorts of wraps to find the best fit. good luck with them :D

My avatar
chunkymonkeymum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby chunkymonkeymum » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Thanks for the advice. My LL size 2 wraps will be arriving next week (they were caught up in customs) so i will try those and if we're still having problems i will invest in different ones. I feel a bit silly for buying the birth to potty set :oops: I wish i had tried different brands before paying £300 :shock:

Simlou-no i haven't thought about wool. TBH i don't even know what longies are :oops: I definitely need to do some more research because i feel clueless :giggle:

Nicole x

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:41 pm

chunkymonkeymum wrote:Thanks for the advice. My LL size 2 wraps will be arriving next week (they were caught up in customs) so i will try those and if we're still having problems i will invest in different ones. I feel a bit silly for buying the birth to potty set :oops: I wish i had tried different brands before paying £300 :shock:

Simlou-no i haven't thought about wool. TBH i don't even know what longies are :oops: I definitely need to do some more research because i feel clueless :giggle:

Nicole x

Don't worry hun, I am only just getting the hang of it all but you'll find the ladies on here very helpful. Longies, shorties, boardies etc are all wool trousers of various lengths. You can also get a wool soaker which is like a wrap. The wool is lanolised which makes them waterproof so you can wear them over nappies without getting leaks and because they are made of wool and have no elastic in you don't get any red marks on bambinos legs. Best thing to do is to look at wool items for sale in the classifieds and see if there is something you'd like to try. If you like it then there are lots of really nice people on here who have sites where you can get woolies customised - you pick the wool colours and size and they will make it for you, or if you can knit have a go at the "learn to knit longies" pattern under the pure wool section - I'm on my first pair at the minute.
If you want to know anything at all just post on here as I'm found there is always someone who will have the answer and everyone is really helpful.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:09 pm

try different wraps, i liked motherease ones, or even fleece wraps

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:13 pm

If the nappies are working well then just keep the nappies hun. You can wear different wraps with them :) We loved little lambs, although we found the opposite. I didnt get red marks with LL wraps but we did with motherease and weenotions wraps.

I think what i am trying to say is different wraps work for different babies. SO just try out some different wraps, i would recomend wool too x

My avatar
nappymania
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nappymania » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:04 am

Hi, I advise you to try fleece wraps or Stacinator so simple wraps by HH, many people that in other wraps find red marks, with these not, because all wrap is in PUL (so bomb-proof), but there is fleece on waist and legs,... Also I heard good things about Thirstie and ME wraps!

Silvia xx

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies