Potentially tall baby...

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Potentially tall baby...

Postby tiyuricc » Sun May 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy :wine:

My husband and I are both 6ft also, and our 2nd was a large baby (for a girl)... 9lb4oz. She still fits small itti's very well and they're known to be small rise, so I wouldn't necessarily worry about getting something high rise for a newborn. It'll help too if they're lower at the front for the first couple of weeks so as to not interfere with the cord stump. Btw, i wouldn't really recommend itti's for a new baby - the runny poo isn't contained that well, this reply was simply to point out that something low rise is perfectly fine even though we expect her to be tall like us.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun May 09, 2010 7:23 pm

:idea: We are a tall household, I am 6ft and my DH 6ft 3", our eldest is a tall boy (he is 8) or middle child is taller than most kids but isn't gooing to be as tall as us and Gracie our 2 year old is tall and TBH I haven't had any problems with nappies, Weenotions standard rise are good, littlelambs were good, fuzzies, etc all good

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Sun May 09, 2010 7:38 pm

I don't think it's always about height - we're both over 6ft and both our children are tall - however DS was nappied in prefolds with wraps and we never had any issues with rise - DD on the other hand has a massive 20inch rise and has had from really early on!

We mainly use sandies - I first tried them as they were recommended for having a big rise and I found that totsbots were hanging off her hips :giggle: perma builders bum just wasn't a good look.

Definately try different things - different things will fit at different stages and his shape will change as you go along.

Have fun! :hohoho:

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies