Those who only use fitteds.......

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Those who only use fitteds.......

Postby HighlandMum » Sat May 15, 2010 9:22 pm

If you only use fitteds, why?

I must admit since i went on a bit of a holdens landing and dunk n fluff bender i pretty much only use fitteds and wool on sandy. I find them more absorbant and just better than anything else.

My mum looks after Sandy for a couple of days a fortnight when im working, and she always uses our BG and other pockets, and dh always uses our ittis. I just noticed today (after them watching him the past 3 days while ive been working) that his bum is really red and theres a couple of wee broken areas. Im thinking it might be because hes been in nappies with pul?

Any thoughts?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Those who only use fitteds.......

Postby twinkletot » Sat May 15, 2010 9:29 pm

It could be that as PUL is not as breathable as wool.
We only use fitteds because anything else leaks and the wool is so much more breathable so much better for him. I wouldn't be without fitteds now and can't imagine going back to pockets.
Funny as when I first started using cloth I thought people were mad for using fitteds :giggle:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat May 15, 2010 9:33 pm

I must admit i was the same, the first nappies i tried were big bulky tots bots and i just didnt get it at all, but now i never reach for the pockets or ittis. There was a while that i liked to have them to give me the choice to put him in jeans and things but to be honest i have so many nice woolies now im not that fussed about jeans, plus from reading through Torys thread i know fitteds can go under clothes with interlock ect.

I do love how cute our ittis are though....i dont think im ready to let go just yet!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sat May 15, 2010 9:49 pm

I find fitteds much more absorbant.
I only own 3 pockets and they hardley get used.

I had so many problems with Kaydi's heavy wetting. I found fitted with wool/fleece over just work better for us.
Pockets used to wick really quickly, she also got much more nappy rash. She got really sore at times :(

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Sat May 15, 2010 9:52 pm

I use fitteds 50% of the time, and tbh would be quite happy to use them full time - I'm not so bothered about my pockets/aios anymore. Like you, I find the fitteds much more absorbant and they never leak.

You know, now you come to mention it, I have noticed a few times when using the BGs Freya gets marks on her legs that look a bit like scratch marks :-? Not from the elastic but further down her thighs - could be where the rise poppers are rubbing, but the marks go all round.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:54 pm

I only use fitteds and wool now because PUL brings Aimie out in blisters, plus they are just too darn cute not to use, we only have 3 pockets and most of an itti rainbow that only get used if we know we wont be able to change her nappy for a while (when driving anywhere)

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat May 15, 2010 9:57 pm

:-? im not sure about the marks Saskia, maybe someone else will shed some light on them?

Im half sure its the ittis and/or pockets that give Sandy a sore bum as i hadnt used them for nearly a week prior to y nightshifts and his bum was absolutely fine then.

I might do a strip wash anyhoo to see if that makes a difference, as ive never needed to do one before.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sat May 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Were in fitteds and wool/PUL and I much prefer wool. We have 3 pockets and 3 Itti's that I do use on occasion depending on the trousers she is wearing. Now we have our first pair of crops I like using them during the day instead of jeans etc only problem is I need more now :giggle:

ETA we sometimes get a lurking rash/red bum but nothing specific.... but now when she wears wool from night to day back to night her skin is so much clearer, even Dh has commented! Though usually a night in wool and her skins good by the next morning :wink:

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mummyme » Sat May 15, 2010 10:02 pm

I used to use btp pockets and fitteds but have now moved over to all fitteds, I found that ds was getting sore in pockets and the fit wasnt as good as fitteds also leaks etc that said i no longer use pul wraps just fleece and wool no probs with bum or leaks now :wine:

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies