hf1

Those who only use fitteds.......

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Those who only use fitteds.......

Postby rhead » Sun May 16, 2010 7:52 am

I never owned a pocket for Lucas, and didn't buy the first one for Lili (a preloved minky Wee Notions, ah, the slippery slope!) until she was about 9 months old. I didn't find them as reliable as fitteds and wraps at first, but now they never leak. I got really into our lovely minky embroidered WNs for a while and started using pockets more than fitteds, but then I finally caved in and tried wool, and now I have to force myself to put Lili in normal trousers and pockets occasionally just so they know I still love them :giggle:. DH always goes for a pocket too (he never had a problem with the fitteds but got a bit baffled when I branched out!).

I have a serious OBV problem :oops: (as you can see from my "what's in your stash" post :oops:), they're 90% of my fitteds now... I looooove it! And I love our woolies, they're as pretty as our nappies and I get to admire them all day long :giggle:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun May 16, 2010 8:06 am

The only pocket that we seem to get on with are WN & I only have 2 of those & I have 1 HL AI2 which is good too but I much prefer fitted. I would like a couple of more WNSS though just in case.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sun May 16, 2010 8:11 am

I do have a bit of a love affair with fitteds, but must admit recently I've rekindled my love for our Itti's and WN's. I think this has been with the warmer weather and putting Kacie in skirts and dresses more. I can't choose between the two though I love fitteds and wool as I do find they last longer overall, but having a girl and being able to show off her nappy makes a big difference to me :wink:
I do think if I have a boy this time I'll use about 90% fitteds and wool. I have 18 medium Itti's though so would use these for him under jeans/trousers, etc and wouldn't be able to completely end my love affair with WN's I'm afraid so would have a handful of cute pockets to put him in in the summer :babyroll:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun May 16, 2010 8:14 am

I have leakage problems with pockets and AI1s/2s. And dans skin seems so much softer and peachier looking in fitteds and wool. And I like the fact that its more breathable. PUL dives dan red marks on his legs :( I do have a load of ittis but they have'nt been used for a while

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun May 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks for all your replies everyone :)

Tory i was following your thread with interest and i think i will follow suit and try some wool interlock under clothes and see how we get on with that.

I do still like our ittis and ive always said i would keep them for number 2, but i never reach for them now and im pretty sure when we have another they will be in wool full time anyhoo.

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies