hf1

What are onelife nappies made from?

My avatar
mmm_pooky
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

What are onelife nappies made from?

Postby mmm_pooky » Fri May 21, 2010 10:54 am

Hi all I hope that you can help me. My little one is in onelife nappies during the day and 99% of the time I am managing fine. However I have noticed that she has developed a bad red rash around each thigh and on her tummy where the cuffs touch her. I am aware that the main body of the nappy is unbleached cotton but does anyone know if there is any elastic of sorts in the cuffs? Only I have discovered that when I use PUL of any sorts on her it makes it worse and I have therefore switched to wool wraps.

Hope that you can help

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: What are onelife nappies made from?

Postby angelsquidge » Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 am

Most nappies will have either elastic or lastin around the legs/waist or they'd be very gappy on baby.

Could it be the binding that's around the legs/waist of the Onelife that your lo is sensitive to?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri May 21, 2010 11:13 am

angelsquidge wrote:Most nappies will have either elastic or lastin around the legs/waist or they'd be very gappy on baby.

Could it be the binding that's around the legs/waist of the Onelife that your lo is sensitive to?

WSS, all fitted nappies are elasticated. There may be detergent build up in the leg cuffs too, some people have has similar issues with the bindings of wraps. Try stripping them and see if that helps.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:21 pm

was going to suggest build up too- the shop I work in sells One Life and we've had a few people come back with this problem. Stripping should help!! :)

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Fri May 21, 2010 4:24 pm

80% cotton and 20% polyester - the ctual binding fabric is def cotton but would say there would be elastic underneath it. I would strip wash too.

Vickix

My avatar
mmm_pooky
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mmm_pooky » Fri May 21, 2010 7:05 pm

thank you for all of your responses however I have already strip washed the nappies at 90 deg for several washes and have dried them on the line. I have also been using soapnuts to wash them for a few months now and this hasn't helped the problem so have returned to powder. the reddness is literally around where the leg cuffs and waistband touch her hence confusion. :-? any more ideas?

thank you again

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies