LLS day nappies

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

LLS day nappies

Postby Bobble » Sat May 29, 2010 8:59 am

Has anyone used LLS day nappies?
I know there are lots of options for the core and booster etc, but what would be the cheapest option I can get away with for a heavy wetting one year old. I like the absorbancy of DnF's, so would a bamboo fleece core do a similar job or do I need a zorb booster as well?

And don't get me started on which colourway to go for...Aargh! :-?

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: LLS day nappies

Postby Saskia » Sat May 29, 2010 9:12 am

We have a day scrappy nappy - it's my favourite nappy in our stash atm!

My daughter is an average wetter I'd say. I was also a bit confused over absorbancy options, but decided it's better to get too much than too little! I got it with a bamboo hemp fleece core and an extra zorb booster, and it's more than absorbant enough for us - we can use it at night quite safely, although I do add an extra bamboo booster just so it's not as damp on the outside (not really necessary I just prefer it to be drier to the touch). I would use the same combo for a night nappy too.

I couldn't decide on a colourway either which is why I went for a scrappy! They are really lovely nappies though - so luxurious :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat May 29, 2010 9:30 am

Yep, a bamboo hemp fleece core with zorb booster is probably the best option for a heavy wetter. I have trouble deciding on colourways too. You can always ask for a surprise. :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat May 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Louise wrote:Yep, a bamboo hemp fleece core with zorb booster is probably the best option for a heavy wetter. I have trouble deciding on colourways too. You can always ask for a surprise. :wink:

WSS and agree with the surprise as I am useless at making decisions x

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bobble » Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 am

Thank you everyone!

I'll go for the zorb and bamboo hemp. My shopping basket now has 4 different colourways :lol: so I'll have to go for a surprise or she'll will be potty trained by the time I make up my mind on 'the one'...

Saskia - I'm really impressed you can use it as a night nappy. We only have one nn (a WNNN) and I fold up the inserts so there about 10 layers at the front (she looks like a v cute sumo wrestler) and it just about does the job. But I do have a thing about a nn being touch dry on the outside as well.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Sun May 30, 2010 9:38 am

Yes, it's certainly not dry on the outside if I use it on her overnight - but it's not sopping either, and doesn't leak through fleece or wool so it'll do us for now! A WNNN can go 14 hours (plus I still feed her a couple of times a night) and be almost dry to the touch in the morning.

I think the bamboo hemp fleece/zorb combo will be perfect during the day for a heavy wetter - I'm sure any colourway you choose will look fab :D

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun May 30, 2010 10:11 am

I've been wanting to order a LLS nappy for ages but I couldn't decide on a colour so I just joined the nappy club so I am getting 4 over a few months & they are all surprises :roll:

The most beautiful LLS nappy I have seen though is Saskia's scrappy nappy. It is so beautiful. I really hope I get a scrappy nappy as 1 of mine.

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bobble » Sun May 30, 2010 7:53 pm

I would like to join the lls nappy club but it's full until feb 2011! I can't see mention of a scrappy nappy - is it a custom colour?
Ok - I am officially obsessed! :oops: :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun May 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Bobble wrote:I would like to join the lls nappy club but it's full until feb 2011! I can't see mention of a scrappy nappy - is it a custom colour?
Ok - I am officially obsessed! :oops: :)

It's an option on the drop down menu when you order nappies, I think there's a girly option or a boy/GN option. :wink:

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies