hf1

Which fitteds to boost your stash

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Which fitteds to boost your stash

Postby sjm » Mon May 31, 2010 7:27 pm

I need something for a heavy wetter. I dont have a tumble dryer and like them to be soft. find the little lambs and older tots bots to small and rough. Need something to boost my stash.
Than ks sarah

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Which fitteds to boost your stash

Postby JabberJabber » Mon May 31, 2010 7:34 pm

I now you've said that tots bots can be too small and rough, but have you tried either the flexitots or bamboozles? I've found that the size 2 nappies are a real size 2 and they only really fit Oliver now at 15 months and 22lbs.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon May 31, 2010 7:38 pm

I quite liked bambinex bamboo nappies when I used them (our stash is now 100% WAHM and I won't use anything else). They have a higher rise than some others and stayed quite soft on our hard water area.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Mon May 31, 2010 7:43 pm

Louise wrote:...They have a higher rise than some others ...

They do don't they, I was shocked to try their size 1's on Oliver when he was 3 months old :giggle:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon May 31, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm really impressed with our new WNNL - they are much more absorbant than they look (still dry apart from the wet zone after 3 hours, even with only 1 prewash), and basic ones aren't that expensive either.

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bobble » Mon May 31, 2010 9:50 pm

I use the totbots flexitot size 2 on my heavy wetter. It lasts about 2 hrs on her and is a nice fit on her chunky thighs and smallish waist - she's 16 months and about 27lbs. There is a layer of bamboo velour-type fabric - which isn't as soft as a DnF or goodmamas bv - but behind that there is a layer of some sort of v soft microfibre towelling (sorry don't know the technical name!). I fold the inside of the nappy so that this bit is against her skin and it acts as a stay dry layer - doesn't stain either. It also comes with a a little bamboo booster. Might be worth a try?

My problem is I've discovered bv and custom dying and there's no going back! :)

Sorry - I should also mention that we have one Dunk n Fluff which is bamboo velour and I lurrve it! Absorbant, cute and stays soft without tumble drying.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 am

Our fav fitteds are goodmamas (which you can pick up cheap on classifieds...well £10 ish) and dunk n fluffs (which again if you can get them on classifieds tend to go for £14ish or so). Both are fab and last really well on kieren but then he isnt that much of a heavy wetter i dont think...

I love bamboo little lambs but i wish the size 2's were a bit higher rise :roll: I might try a bambinex teddy then.

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:13 am

im loving the new monkey snuggles! not too pricey either at £13-15, the fit is great for us, and lasted 2hrs on our heavy wetter not even prewashed!

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:24 am

Have just got 2 new monkey snuggles and love them just listing my issy bears if they sell may have to invest in more.
Tory i agree the rise is the bit that lets the little lambs down just not high enough for my tall boy but get that prob loads
sarah

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies