hf1

Do You Cover?

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Do You Cover?

Postby daydreamer » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Just curious to know whether you cover your fitteds or not? (i mean personally). To those who don't cover how long do you find they last on average? We're just getting into fitteds at the moment, think I am much preferring them it just always seem such a shame to cover the pretty patterns. However I can't see my DD going long without a cover on. She's 20 months now and toddling so there are no pressure points that often get blamed for leaky fitteds on younger babies. Just wondering what everyone else does really :D

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Do You Cover?

Postby freckle » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:37 pm

I only don't cover on the last nappy of the day but it's only ever for about an hour and even then sometimes if it's just one of our cheaper nappies it will get damp.

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:39 pm

I don't use a cover if I know it's only going to be on for about an hour and half or so.... Or if she is outside with nothing on top of her nappy I'd stretch it a bit longer.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:40 pm

we've never been able to use a fitted coverless, Bella is just an unpredictable mega-wetter. She can have a dry nappy for a couple of hours and then it'll be saturated in seconds!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:42 pm

i only ever cover with wool clothes- sam quite often walks around in just a fitted and t shirt- at home, as soon as he pee's i change it- as he is a toddler this can be anything from 10mins to 6 hours :shock:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:56 pm

freckle wrote:I only don't cover on the last nappy of the day but it's only ever for about an hour and even then sometimes if it's just one of our cheaper nappies it will get damp.

WSS
We can only get at most an hour out of a nappy coverless....another heavy-wetter here :roll:

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:35 pm

if we're at home or the park etc I use them coverless - Dex is a heavy wetter but I just change when wet - in pram town etc covered

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:40 pm

I have to cover as it can be 10mins to an hour & the nappy is SATURATED.... :-?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:40 pm

I always cover. Who knows when the mega wee might come.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies