hf1

Goodmama's question

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Goodmama's question

Postby Bobble » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:52 am

I bought a gm one size from a here a few weeks ago and it's become one of my fave nappies - so absorbant and fluffy! Only problem is that dd has had a growth spurt (nooooo!) :)

If I use all 3 of the side poppers it's a too snug around her waist and if I use only 2 sets, the unused exposed popper (iyswim) leaves a red mark on her skin. Can anyone suggest how to cover the exposed popper?

Thanks, x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Goodmama's question

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:59 am

Some places sell snap covers, I've made them before, they are very easy, but you'd need a snap press or snap pliers, otherwise you can just a liner inbetween?!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:00 am

hmmm, well our minky flips had a top cover to the exposed popper, so i wonder if you need something like that?
im sure someone will have a brainwave! :giggle:

eta thats the one, snap cover :oops:

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bobble » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:07 am

:oops: Didn't think of a popper cover... Duh!

I have tried a liner but it keeps slipping. I thought there might be some secret way of fastening a gm that was known to only a select few... :giggle: :)

Thanks for the suggestions x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:14 pm

Ask in the WHAMS section, some one may make one for you (wham grapevine)
:giggle: Gracie must be soooo skinny, I still had the tabs over lapped on her :giggle:

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bobble » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Gracie must be soooo skinny, I still had the tabs over lapped on her

I think it's more that my girlie is so Maaasssiivve! :giggle:
dd1 was 3 before she was the size that dd2 is at 17 months - I keep being asked when she's going to start school and she can't say her own name yet!

I love the absorbancy of the gm tho (thankyou!). Do you know any that are similar but without exposed poppers?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:21 pm

You could try Bububebes - they're a slightly different shape, so whereas I'm just about getting to the point of not being able to snap the hip snap on our GMs, DD still has plenty of room in her B4s. I also like that on the highest rise setting you can snap the soakers in the front, so you don't have a row of exposed snaps across the tummy. Snap covers are a good solution as well though, I use them in my Piddle Poddles because they fit a little smaller than the Goodmamas. I'm sure someone could make you a couple of sets and it wouldn't cost much, they're just little squares of OBV like this: http://hyenacart.com/piddlepoddles/index.php?c=0&p=1437

ETA, I'm sure there are also some similar nappies with no exposed snaps, but can't think of the names just now (you could always spend an hour or two browsing HyenaCart)... I can think of loads of side-snapping ones, but not front-snapping just at the moment. I'm sure you'll get some suggestions though!

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bobble » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:06 pm

That's great, thanks. Looks like I'll have to venture onto Hyena Cart.

Funnily enough I do prefer side snaps - they accommodate her chunky thighs better! I'm just so impressed with the gm absorbancy tho. They beat everything else we have. She outwees most other nappies so quickly. Hemp babybeehinds are ok, but obv is so much cuddlier than hemp! :)

I'm waiting on a LLS night nappy and if the fit is good on those I'll order the day version.

And when we moved to cloth, I told dh that it would save us loads of money... :hohoho:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:23 am

:giggle: Once you go OBV, you never go back! Have you ventured into Holden's Landings yet?

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies